Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should AUTOMUTE be implemented?

Yes, it would work 75 48.39%
Not sure... 26 16.77%
No, it won't work 54 34.84%
Voters 155 .

[POLL] Negative Attitude, Verbal Abuse, Harassment, Automute and Banning...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bin

01-19-2013

good idea, wont happen though since Riot has absolutely no clue how to deal with player behavior problems. Even Lyte has admitted it is the same as 9-10 months ago, yet they won't change how they go about things. pretty hilarious.

bfdhud

01-19-2013

Had my first abusive player today. made me sad.

I AM NOT KYLE

01-19-2013

i was thinking we could do something like make it so if there's someone in game you don't want to hear from you could hold tab and click some thing to make it so you can't see their words anymore

or even like if you don't want to hear from the enemy team at all you could check something in options for that or something

or maybe even if you were like a little kid or easily offended or whatever you could even make it so any bad words are automatically censored out, hell, we could just have that happen by default, and you'd have to uncheck it if you wanted to be able to see mature language

it seems to me like my system would let anyone be impervious to hurt feelings after two seconds of clicking or so?

Danage

01-20-2013

thoughts??

Player Loading

01-20-2013

mute does seem better than a perma ban

llDeathCowll

01-20-2013

This is a team game. You must be able to communicate with your team. Riot allows muting for when people begint o harass and then allows you to report them. Riot does not want players who harass others to ruin their game. Ruining the game would include forced mutes, because it is a team game. So instead Riot bans players would cannot obey the rules that they agreed to.

The only way I can see auto mute working is if muted players were only queued with other muted players with no chance to ever leave the automute queue.

IS1d809d67c7237f9194235

01-20-2013

Quote:
dunethug:
no because then the 4 other players effected by him not able to communicate will be upset and thats a limitation to a team. this would not work, good idea tho

Auto mute him, + add a chatwheel to the game - SOLVED.

Geloe

01-20-2013

Quote:
Danage:
TLDR - Automute verbal abusers, those who harass and those with negative attitude. Being muted is a punishment.

In reference to this post, I would like to link you to Penny Arcade's video on Harassment.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/harassment

In short, players who continually spew verbal abuse, have negative attitude or harass others should be auto-muted in game to all other players for a period of time (a week or so) instead of, or in addition to, receiving a time ban. This WILL NOT affect champ select, but WILL affect in game communication.

Think about it, a player is verbally abusing and harassing others. They receive a time ban. They come back, and continue to abuse and harass. They receive another time ban. They come back and then are Permabanned. They create another account and the cycle starts again.

They may not be bad players. It's just that their behaviour which is deplorable. Instead of just being time banned for a few days, and allowing them to come back to verbally abuse the community again, why not auto-mute them to all players.

Sure, another player can CHOOSE to then unmute them (however, they will probably know what to expect). The player is still able to ping (to communicate MIAs, etc). Perhaps a list of shortcuts could be implemented to common phrases (MIA, Defend, Attack, etc) so they can still communicate. The player can still PLAY the game. However, they WILL NOT be able to insult, abuse or harass the community.

This won't stop trolling, AFKers or bad players, but it will be a step in the right direction to solving the problems with the toxic community.

I like this, except that mute does disable pings. However, if that were changed, this would be ideal. Well, ideally people wouldn't be so uncivilized in the first place.

Danage

01-20-2013

feedback?

Danage

01-20-2013

anyone??