Store and GOA Question @ RIOT Salesmangement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cady

11-30-2009

Hey,

i have a different Question this hasn't been answered jet i think:

I'm from Germany, playing on the europe Server hosted by GOA. My Problem there is that they realy big time screw the game with patchdelays and not enough serverhardware. So i would like to show them that I'M the Customer and that i dont like what they are doing.

What ways are there to put every penny i want to spend on the game to RIOT instead of GOA?

Do they earn money from ingame-shop-sales in europe do i best buy the game itself somewhere in the us?

How can i make GOA pay for what the do?

Thx for helping answers. :-)

TKana

11-30-2009

Hey Cady,

I too am a European player (im from the Netherlands), and I too have some sort of "hard feelings" against GOA. I think it's a horrible company and doesn't do this game (or any other game tbh) justice.

So here's what i did:

I ordered LoL on Steam. However, this is a European version.
I mailed support@riotgames.com with the info from steam, saying i'm a european client with a european serial.
Pendragon mailed me a response with a US serial which worked perfectly fine. I got the skin, runes and 20 champions. Unfortunately, something was messed up and i didn't recieve the Riot Point. But after another mail, Scribbles added the points to my account and gave me a bonus for my patience and understanding.

Also, i've bought Riot points in the store to sponsor Riot (and get me the champion bundle with all champions i didnt have yet ;p ).

If i look at how much ive spend on this game, its at about 50 EUR. 30 EUR for the game on Steam and 25 $ for the Riot points which is about 28-20 EUR.

EDIT : make sure you download the US client. Everything bought in the US client contributes to Riot while the EU client contributes to GOA. Your ping will be slightly higher then on EU, but it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Haigoeo

11-30-2009

Hmm i maybe do the same, i dont like GOA at all. I delete Eu client and only play on US now and i am loving it.

HappyNihil

11-30-2009

Just use the US client and buy stuff from the store.
If you buy EU version from Steam or Impulse or whatever, Riot support might be nice enough and transfer it to your US account (which one could suspect is not a transfer, but giving this stuff for free while GOA keeps the money you payed ) but they donīt have any obligation to do so.
If you buy something from the store directly, thereīs no problem, no emailing support etc.