Autobuying Items when opening shop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TricKySmiLes

02-26-2013

Hello Riot,

I've submitted a ticket via support and was suggested to post in these forums.

Basically, the last highlighted item that was selected in the shop, either by opening the shop during recall or after buying an item and leaving an item selected (e.g wards or red pots), is automatically bought when champion is in range of shop and the shop is opened.

I haven't managed to reproduce this bug constantly (its random), but it IS A PAIN, especially during ranked games when I've recalled with a very specific amount of money and have to sell the wrong item bought.. I typically try and avoid this bug by opening my shop window during recall and just NOT closing it, or purposefully selecting the item I want to buy before I enter shop range.

None of my friends have had this bug happen to them, but it happens to me at least once per game (sometimes multiple times). I've had this bug also happen during my first buy, in the early moments of the game.

I've attached my Dxdiag file below.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

02-26-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm a bit lost on how this happens. Correct me if this is wrong:

1. have XXX amount of gold while sitting in lane
2. press b
3. press p (open shop)
4. select an item with left click that you have enough money to buy
5. after recall finishes notice that you automatically purchase the selected item.

Is that correct? or do you need to close the shop before recall finishes, but while the item is selected?

TricKySmiLes

02-26-2013

Sorry I didn't list it out explicitly in order

Your above sequence is correct, except that after step 4, I close the shop and after I recall back to base I re-open the shop via clicking and the item is automatically bought. Further, my OPEN SHOP key is bound to middle click on my mouse, and this has also happened while I'm sitting in base.

When in base, I've noticed it happens after I close the shop and highlighted an item to be bought. In this case it typically goes: Open shop, buy items (e.g blah blah + # of pots), and then re-open shop and the game will automatically re-buy and extra item.

I've also experienced a couple more instances while in-game today. I was teleporting back, did not open the shop via binding or clicking the actual shop, and once I re-opened the shop via clicking the shop, I randomly bought a rejuvenation bead even though I never highlighted the item prior to opening the shop. This has also happened while recalling and opening the shop by clicking the actual shop.

I would also like to add that this automatic buy bug can also complete recipe items (e.g I highlight last whisper with shop UI up, close UI, and open once again upon return to base).

HolographicOne

02-26-2013

I've had this problem before and here's how I recreated it, even though, like the OP said, it's random.

1.) Buy an item from the shop (say catalyst for Ryze)
2.) Leave that item on the shop screen (don't navigate to your next item).
3.) Earn enough gold for say another catalyst (because that's what item is highlighted in the shop currently, or if not, sometimes it will buy another mana crystal).
4.) Recall
5.) Open the shop (Right click on vendor)
= Sometimes the item auto-buys what was previously highlighted eg. catalyst.

Sometimes if I have a large item like the Hydra that requires multiple parts, and I leave it open on the buy screen, It will randomly buy a piece that I've already purchased. I usually avoid the problem by buying what I need and navigating to the next item before I leave the shop. It still happens on large items. The most recent was Rod of Ages and the catalyst. I had enough to buy the catalyst, and when I returned to complete the build, it bought another catalyst.

Gooooober

02-26-2013

since right click now will buy an item, is it possible that since you're using middle click to open the shop, you happen to also right click at the same time & purchase the item that you're pointer is hovering over which happens to be what you last looked at? Just a thought but I rarely use my middle button (scroll button) in games because I often hit another mouse button in the process.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

02-26-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
since right click now will buy an item, is it possible that since you're using middle click to open the shop, you happen to also right click at the same time & purchase the item that you're pointer is hovering over which happens to be what you last looked at? Just a thought but I rarely use my middle button (scroll button) in games because I often hit another mouse button in the process.
That was my thought. TricKySmiLes, if you could try using another key binding to open the shop (p or something else on your keyboard) to see if this still happens it would help clarify what is happening.

TricKySmiLes

02-26-2013

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

For the time being, it seems that unbinding the OPEN SHOP function to my middle click (MSB3) has stopped the auto-buy function. I was able to confirm this by playing a private custom game, and realizing (with middle click unbound) that middle click also functions as another BUY key, similar to what right clicking does within the shop. Perhaps my past key bindings created some kind of conflict with the BUY and OPEN SHOP functions?

I'll keep this post updated and most likely edit in my results tomorrow after I have a reasonable amount of playtime to verify my results. I'm still curious about my moments where I wouldn't middle click, recall back, and automatically buy an item.

Gooooober

02-26-2013

Curlyfry

02-26-2013

About 2 weeks ago I went to shop and when I opened the shop (p) after arriving at base I heard the buy sound and cloth armor was purchased. There was no cloth armor tab open, I was Hecarim and I was building a sheen. No way I could have accidentally clicked cloth armor, since sheen was the last tab I had open seeing if I had enough gold to buy it while basing.

JaXXXon

04-23-2013

Bump this is still a problem