Teemo ? from a noob

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Interceptor09

01-18-2013

yes Im a noob. I'm polite and always try to be a good temmate though.

I've played very casually for a year or two, and enjoy playing Teemo and a few others. I shoot for attack speed and attack dmg as that is what Ive found the most useful to me when I play.

a teammate told me today that Im wrong and that I should be building AP and CD reduction.

is it acceptable to build Teemo for attack speed and AD? thats the style I like to play and what seems most effective for me. but I dont want to piss off other players Im teamed up with.

any feedback/advice/criticsm is appreciated.

ThePonsterMenis

01-18-2013

I guess I would need to know what you meant by AD, I wouldn't build an IE or PD.

It's situatioanl as to how I build the pieces up, but my endgame items are:
1. Zerkers greaves
2. Liandry's Torment
3. Frozen Mallet
4. Hurricane.
5. Blade of Ruined King
6. GA

Honestly have never gotten past 5. Things you have to realize are:
A. It's going to take more gold to be able to burst down a single champion, because you aren't a glass cannon.
B. This build WILL let you solo a tank at endgame, % dmg all day.
C. This will let you do % damage to 3 of their champions at a time.
D. You constantly slow up to 3 people (and frozen mallet is a stronger slow then rylas)

Basically the other team has to go all in with some superior shutdowns (Malphie, zrya, sona, mumu, etc) to pray of getting to your back line.

How do you get there?
You split push the entire game. With a couple wards + mushrooms you should never get ganked. With Hurricane you become a pushing machine. Once you have a pickaxe (+ the mastery helps) you become a real turret threat that has to be respected.

I have been utterly trashed for this build because people think they know, but everytime you farm, farm, farm (you should be pushing to break 200 cs on a bad game) you will end up with the highest damage against champs, most gold, and an absolute ton of assists (MORE GOLD).

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I think Teemo can be played and played well with an AD setup, but I also feel like there are champions who do it better than him. Teemo has nothing that benefits an AD build, except for a very situational attack speed buff from his passive. Therefore I agree with ThePonsterMenis.

I generally build Teemo as either a hybrid damage dealer (Gunblade, Guinsoo's) to take advantage of high AS, or an on-hit shredder (Malady, BC, Hurricane, BotRK).

You can also build Teemo as almost a tanky AD fighter (Frozen Mallet and such) to be able to get that blind onto the enemy carry, disabling them.

Of course, there's the AP build, which just makes your shrooms the worst thing to step on since burning poop.

Summary: Teemo doesn't have anything that scales off AD or reliably increases attack speed, so he can't ADC. Regardless, Teemo is a very flexible and versatile champion that can, in all honesty, do everything at the same time. I can basically take a list of items that will work on Teemo, point at 6 items, and have it be decent in a lot of situations.

xWaRxPwNeRx

01-18-2013

I agree 100%

Interceptor09

01-19-2013

basically looks like I can continue playing as is with a few tweaks. thx for the advice, much appreciated.

Ball Slack

01-19-2013

You could, but I recommend playing AP as it makes better use of teemo's abilities. In the end though, its your choice.

ThePonsterMenis

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffankle View Post
You could, but I recommend playing AP as it makes better use of teemo's abilities. In the end though, its your choice.
That argument comes down to what your role is on the team.
AP - Lucky random engages and the constant possibility of getting kills away from a fight.
Hybrids - ? Ex: my build let's you peel 3 people at once.

A Ravenous Panda

01-20-2013

i build him on hit/attack speed. He shuts down tanks late game, and their carry all day long. Not to mention he is a strong top if runed correctly. I build zerkers, hurricane, phage, ruined king, mallet, deathcap and gunblade/guardian angel. people will flame this build, but if you build the items as you need it (i.e. not getting ruined king for an earlier mallet etc) its quite strong. Not to mention you farm hard and push often. with wards and shrooms they have to dedicate at least 4 people to catch you, allowing your team to push other lanes. Its just generally annoying.

TL;DR AD teemo is viable, if you know what your doing.

ThePonsterMenis

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ravenous Panda View Post
i build him on hit/attack speed. He shuts down tanks late game, and their carry all day long. Not to mention he is a strong top if runed correctly. I build zerkers, hurricane, phage, ruined king, mallet, deathcap and gunblade/guardian angel. people will flame this build, but if you build the items as you need it (i.e. not getting ruined king for an earlier mallet etc) its quite strong. Not to mention you farm hard and push often. with wards and shrooms they have to dedicate at least 4 people to catch you, allowing your team to push other lanes. Its just generally annoying.

TL;DR AD teemo is viable, if you know what your doing.
Death cap actually going to add more damage than Liandry's?