Help me Improve~

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Curse Voice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

u can start by not being a jerk to me in solo q when we get q'd...

Fianchetto

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
You need to get on your own level. You're a little washed up bro

<3

Sooo...Phreak should killsteal from himself?

XoiZ

10-20-2010

Maybe just a few general tips like the bush one and yi. Importance of wards, focusing, idk just small things that are not very character specific but are a need to know for every character

Slumber Jack

10-20-2010

They're not sexy, but the pauses are effective and serve a definite purpose. I don't think change is "needed", although I think exploration in other techniques isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Covenant

10-20-2010

When we do freeze-frames in sports editing we'll throw an arrow or a lighted sphere or some other thing on the subject so you can see it.

For example, Shurelia did a great zoning tutorial that uses pauses, layered graphics, and other things to highlight information. Since she's right in the office with you guys, I'd ask her for input on that. I found it IMMENSELY helpful and showed it to lots who people who basically improved their zoning overnight.

Showing characters with reference to their zones, some actual discussion about how much damage they ACTUALLY do (rather than just in a best-case scenario) and using pauses and highlights to demonstrate the mental gymnastics each character requires would be good and helpful and totally doable within your current format.

I'd also enjoy Youtube context boxes. They're not hard to set up and would let me pause, highlight a box, and get more info during a skill highlight. So I could pause the video, highlight the box in the corner, and read what it says about Light Binding. etc.

Good job at making them fun to watch though.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-21-2010

I think the pauses are completely fine. You're really not abusing them - you're using them when needed and when you're highlighting important stuff.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-21-2010
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzer View Post
u can start by not being a jerk to me in solo q when we get q'd...
Stop QQing abou suppression then!

Elementz: 1v1 Taric solo mid. I know you've got more practice than me, but I got this.

Sydarm

10-21-2010

I actually work for IncGamers and i'm going to try and push for a league of legends subsite for incgamers, like diablo, starcraft, warcraft etc.

if it goes live i want to feature ur videos if possible imo. if it doesnt, ill be launching my own lol news site

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-21-2010
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
I actually work for IncGamers and i'm going to try and push for a league of legends subsite for incgamers, like diablo, starcraft, warcraft etc.

if it goes live i want to feature ur videos if possible imo. if it doesnt, ill be launching my own lol news site
Best of luck to you! I read the Diablo page because I used to read dii.net back in the day and am excited for D3.

For those of you still following the thread, I'm going to try a few things next time:

For the spell-casting clips in the opening, I'm going to put a bunch of clips together of the spell being cast. If it looks terrible, I'll pull it and go back to the old way, but I'm hopeful. For in-game scenarios, I'm gonna try slow-mo with freezes if required. Certainly going to make sure there's always some animation going on.