Help me Improve~

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMountainGoat

10-20-2010

i think the current way of doing things is fine.

S B

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shealth View Post

On the other hand you could do a Madden type of thing and pause it, draw arrows and Xs on the screen to show your point, then play it to see how it looks.
This is the greatest suggestion I have heard on the forums. I'd love to see it even once as sort of a spoof Champion Spotlight!

Orthoclase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
I actually didn't mind the pauses. I thought it was a great tip that deserved to be in the spotlight, though not quite specific to Lux. Perhaps this type of information can be created in a general tips and tricks video, or as I might call it a "Champions Spotlight." Pretty cool name huh?
no one who needs to see it will watch that lol. It's better to sneak in the tips when they're busy trying to drool over the new champion.

Utora

10-20-2010

I personally don't mind the video pauses. With the juke Yi tip...I think it was essential to pause it for a second. If pausing isn't working, maybe slow the video speed down a bit, so there is still movement, but you can talk over top.

Maybe I should address this in the audio forum, but I've been noticing audio clicks and pops after you've finished a passage. As a game audio designer myself, this irritates me, especially considering the high audio quality LoL has. The audio recordings need just a slight fade (just a couple ms) at the end of each clip for a smooth audio presentation.

Thanks Phreak! Keep up the good work.

FuYA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Id say Rewind, replay to show single Cool events over again in Slow mo Could Work.
If it works for the NFL it should work for you.

Drayxe

10-20-2010

Did you put the tilde at the end because you INTENDED the topic title to be seductive?

..Or did you miss the ! key?

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-20-2010
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utora View Post
I personally don't mind the video pauses. With the juke Yi tip...I think it was essential to pause it for a second. If pausing isn't working, maybe slow the video speed down a bit, so there is still movement, but you can talk over top.

Maybe I should address this in the audio forum, but I've been noticing audio clicks and pops after you've finished a passage. As a game audio designer myself, this irritates me, especially considering the high audio quality LoL has. The audio recordings need just a slight fade (just a couple ms) at the end of each clip for a smooth audio presentation.

Thanks Phreak! Keep up the good work.
Generally, I go through in Audacity and silent out all of that stuff. As it is, I crop the clips together in the first place because I do multiple takes and take the best ones. Fading wouldn't do much.

@The point about no one watching "general advice" videos, I tend to agree. I kinda started with that when people were all "you don't show doing badly" but I think they're good things to keep.

I'll work on making sure I can slow-mo some clips and see if I can make sure to abuse transparent PNGs to overlay arrows or see if I can find "animate an arrow" in Premiere

Zekral

10-20-2010

Talk about team comp and inter-champion synergies.

Deadlytorch

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Generally, I go through in Audacity and silent out all of that stuff. As it is, I crop the clips together in the first place because I do multiple takes and take the best ones. Fading wouldn't do much.

@The point about no one watching "general advice" videos, I tend to agree. I kinda started with that when people were all "you don't show doing badly" but I think they're good things to keep.

I'll work on making sure I can slow-mo some clips and see if I can make sure to abuse transparent PNGs to overlay arrows or see if I can find "animate an arrow" in Premiere
Stop taking Pendragon's mic!

Soccerzubs

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Slow mo is way better than pausing.

Makes me think my browser is frozen.
This sounds like the best idea ever.