Help me Improve~

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaikaro

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shealth View Post
On the other hand you could do a Madden type of thing and pause it, draw arrows and Xs on the screen to show your point, then play it to see how it looks.
*John Madden voice*

Well, as ya see here, Yi immediately attempts to penetrate the pocket, trying to get to Lux, and then BOOM, she jukes him and leaves him discombobulated.

Pinith

10-20-2010

I don't see a problem with the pauses--the juke one seemed pretty smooth. Also, day9 uses pausing all the time to describe events that happen in a small time frame. Slow motion maybe if you really dislike pausing?

Morrowlife

10-20-2010

I kinda like it as is.

xNorwegia

10-20-2010

"it isn't very sexy...."

Portolet

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Slow mo is way better than pausing.

Makes me think my browser is frozen.
They can not use slow motion silly. All company resources are devoted to making more Teemo skins.

Leib Olmai

10-20-2010

What I notice about your video, is that you don't seem to be "yourself".
I would like to see more Phreak.
I appreciate your effort to talk slowly, but you don't seem to be excited about the champion. Maybe try a new tone and see how you like it ? More natural ?

I like a "pause" but yours might be too long. Maybe like poeple said, try just to slow the vids or use the NFL style and Point out what we should supose to be looking at (arrow, circle, highlight). Like in the Sona video, It wasn't always easy to know where to looks like.

In the Lux video, maybe you used the pause too often, like a 5-8 seconde pause just to show that Yi is coming, then another before explaining how to juke, then 3 more 2-3 second pause in a 15 second to show how you pwned Tamat =D. You can also just maybe try to get ahead of the video and describe what will happen and then comment it while its happenning.

I like your tips like, I'm sure alot of poeple didnt knew about juking.
Also, some tips tho might not be best, like ok, you won't run away from a fight if you're half hp, but saying you're completly safe, you might elaborate more. Some poeple actually think that with lux skill and range she's always safe but just go and get chase and die. So I wouldn't might you to actually elaborate more on some of the things you say.

Also, another exemple, if that Akali had Flash up, she could just flash over the wall. So either Tamat flash was either down or he just didn't think of using it. Personally, I don't know if you have a maximum time limit, but I personally won't mind longer vid a bit if you need it.

I like when you give tips personally. Also maybe add weak and strong point of the champ could be cool.
On the swain video, I personally like the last fight, where you explain and just let the video run normally, so we can see in real time what it looks like to actually play with him.

Silent Reaper

10-20-2010

Here's my opinion.

Make two spotlights. Long version and Short version.

A long version which covers more extensively details about small things to keep in mind about Champions such as for ex:
"When youre fiddle at 200 hp, let the enemies "tower dive" you, when they get too close, fear them and start draining thier health away!" Insuring an easy kill.

As for item builds, I suggest that you make your item suggestion a bit more varied.

I greatly appreciated the fact that your build is much more "realistic" in terms of countering the enemy team for Lux's Champion spot light. But it would be better if you could provide a better and more extensive information, such as
If the enemy team has alot of casters consider getting either Banshee's or Abysall
If they have too much physical damage, consider getting a thornmail, or if you need extra health grab a sunfire cape. OR something like that

As for champion spot lights, please take a game that was fair. (I believe during the spotlight for either Galio or Mf, you actually played against a Sunfire Eveylnn)

Lastly, I STRONGLY suggest that you put more emphasis on teamwork such as for example:

"While playing fiddle, it's best to hide in a nearby bush or lane while your team engages in a teamfight, as soon as the teamfight begins, dorp you're ult and flash in; getting the rylais will slow them down significantly while they try to run away. If they try to burst you down, get Will of Ancients and watch as you're healed to full health with you're ultimate"

Or just put emphasis in general about other champion skills and how they synchronize really well together or something.

Thats my two cents, enjoy

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I like the pauses; they make things very clear.

Keep in mind, I'm not a pro like the rest of these guys posting. I'm a baddie that looks to your spotlight as my immediate research for how this champion is going to be played. My blanket build for every champion is going to be compared to your builds and methods and either yours or a mix is going to result in the end.

For that reason:

1. Run through the gameplay as it happens in-game.
2. Rewind and play-through, pausing at the particularly important points.

I liked the "Madden" note someone made, earlier. Write out what the guy you're juking is seeing, what he's going to do, and where you're going to end up because of the awesomeness you're teaching.

Thanks for your work!

EDIT: If it's time you're worried about, I have never found your rune setup useful. I don't really find your talent setup useful, either. It's not a matter of skill -- it's a matter of memory and user experience with PvP.net's UI.

Reducing the combined time of these two to 10 seconds or less will teach me as much as the current explanations do.

Zzphantom

10-20-2010

I like the idea of showing it once from your view, and then once from Yi's view. This would let us see WHY and HOW the juke works, from both sides.

And I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard to have your friends around the office recording their games as well. Would make some of those "I can't escape this laser because He's positioned it so that I have nowhere to run" moments even sweeter to understand, when we get to see your enemies actually floundering under your superior cunning and skill.

...or whatever.

j4xpEptuSN

The Council

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portolet View Post
They can not use slow motion silly. All company resources are devoted to making more Teemo skins.
I wish