Help me Improve~

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I actually enjoy the pauses. I don't mind watching a longer video. The videos you've been doing are absolutely amazing.

I would hate for the quality to be affected by a reduction in video length.

DonkeyBlonkey

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Feel free to post any constructive criticisms here, but I want to ask about a specific topic:

I don't like having to pause the video constantly (as with the "how to juke Yi using the brush) to explain a very short situation, because it looks a little janky and isn't really very sexy.

Sometimes it's cool, like the pauses for aiming skill-shots with the Anivia video or when ulting Akali near the end, and I think it's even permissible with the skill demos so I can focus on what the particles look like, though I'd like to find a slightly better solution there if possible. Probably taking the time to farm 40% CDR and tanking it up with Frozen Heart, Soul Shroud, and 4 Warmogs would work.

What would be a better way to put a lot of information in a short clip?
Make a video called Champion Tips. Pick a specific champion. For example: Like how to skill shot accurately with Morgana. And then like slow-mo, rewind, pausing, some commentary on the pause and using the tip/skill in a different situation to really show how to skill shot in many situations. Like early game ganks, team battles, pursuing escaping enemies, escaping from gankers, and etc.

Fantajim

10-20-2010

i thought the stopping in luxs spotlight was very nicely done. Would love to see more of this style.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-20-2010

Make them longer. Don't think we didn't see you playing with treeeskimo instead of recording more lux clips.

I already commented on this in the original champion spotlight post, but you could easily do the pause-discuss thing and make it look a lot better if you just included a play-through of the entire clip at the end.

The Madden arrow idea is a good one as well.

Another note is the item build discussion at the end. That could've been a lot better if you showed it overlayed on top of a video of you laning, showing the last hitting and harassing and what not, as opposed to the stationary victory screen with astronaut teemo.

Fleetfeet

10-20-2010

Conundrum!

You want to cram in more information in the same amount of time, yet still have it make sense to ~800 elo players.

Solution!

Livestream more.

Because I miss it

Belphoebe

10-20-2010

The champion spotlights are pretty good tbh, as long as you're playing with players on your skill level and highlighting what the champion does.

What I would say, and it's what people have been saying, is that we want more actual gameplay. The Lux one had like 2 minutes of describing the skills and fighting the Lizard. You could also be more specific in what the character's role is, so rather than saying 'lux is support' you can say 'Lux can do these things in laning, these things in teamfights etc.

Slo-mo is good, though nothing too wrong with the pausing, it doesn't seem that bad to me. Don't use too many clips though. If you're gonna use the madden style drawing, don't use slo-mo or rewind at the same time, it could get harder to track. Basically though, just more gameplay. I don't mind the general game tips though, as I think plenty of noobs watch it too and enjoy a couple each time (me, for example).

Scrooge

10-20-2010

Here is what I think would help you improve.

I was really surprised at the latest spotlight with Lux. I think it is a GREAT idea to have the original designer as a special guest, for example Shurelia explaining Lux's skillset.
I would really like to see Ezreal explain his sniper champ.

As someone said before, pause it, and draw arrows or something.
Also, slowing it down or rewinding it, as many people said before, would be a great idea.

Well, GL on your next champion spotlight!!!

SweetTooth

10-20-2010

The pausing is actually rather nice. It emphasizes the point you are trying to make quite nicely and serves as an excellent demonstration for the new players. But then again im just a psychologist so my opinion matters not.

YourLeftHand

10-20-2010

talk about wards and how important they are. Map awareness wins games but solo q doesn't know this yet

Jaikaro

10-20-2010

The Lux vid's probably the best you've done so far. The big thing is that you give playstyle tips outside of how to play the champion (i.e., juking Yi, ulting Akali when she's pinned against the wall.)

If you don't like the pause, do it in slow-mo. Play it through once and mention what happens, then play it in slow-mo to extrapolate on it.

I don't think the explanations for masteries, runes, and summoner spells should take as long. By now, pretty much everyone in the game understands what 9/0/21 means. As opposed to showing clip-by-clip your runes, then masteries, you could simply say after you run down the champ abilities "For this champ, I use 9/0/21, blah blah runes, and Flash/Ghost." This will give you time to do more gameplay analysis.

Start sneaking in some more helpful tidbits of gameplay info. For example, you could mention warding brush so you can freefarm, or when is a good time to use a specific summoner spell.