Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - Your client really is absolute trash...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HedonismBot420

01-19-2013

bump

AlmightyAtheismo

01-19-2013

Quote:
Troa:
There are a lot of little things you have to be aware of to prevent crashes with the client, that list up front is a good start to things that really should be fixed. I don't know that I can agree with redoing the client, as that can entail recoding a VERY large chunk of the game, and taking it back to beta. It really depends on how everything is used and interacts as to what the solutions are.

Agreed. I know it's a big project, but I think they really should do something with it.

AlmightyAtheismo

01-19-2013

bump

zkmr

01-19-2013

The game client is easily the worst part about the game.

Other things worth pointing out:

-The frequent occurrence of having to have the client close the zombie client process. (LoL is already running, close it?)
-The mouse box glitch once summoned onto the map. (you can only move your mouse in a region in the bottom right of the screen)
-When all players have finished loading the game, but have not yet summoned to the map, if you briefly disconnect and do not receive the message from the server to summon to the map, you get stuck at the loading screen while the game has already started and you're still waiting at the loading screen with everyone at 100%. This forces you to close the client, relog, reload, and then try to catch up the couple levels you might have missed.
-When all summoners have finished loading and the client closes the window to reveal the desktop for a few seconds, sometimes the game never comes back up, preventing users from summoning on the map, and having to confirm the client close, reopen, relog, etc etc.
edit: -If my client's session has expired and i am disconnected from the game, I am forced to do a relog, and when closing the client, the client tries to retrieve server data before it can close, but just hangs, forcing me to (surprise) open the game again, and close the previous process.

When these issues appear together, it prevents game players from getting/returning to the map in a timely manner and causes teammates to threaten you with reports.

mastercheefpwnzu

01-20-2013

Needs more bump.

I agree with the OP, good thread

Novä

01-20-2013

agree with this post, riots client sucks big time, fill of bugs, and annoying things.

AlmightyAtheismo

01-21-2013

Bump, even though Riot moved thread to a dead forum. GG.

SofaKingDumb

01-21-2013

bump

Aquaberry Kush

01-21-2013

So uh...how about allowing us to mess with key bindings and such without being in-game? This is possibly one of the key things that bug me about the client.