Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why people don't like the new kayle skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

01-18-2013

In my opinion the original Kayle skin looks better. The color choice is flawless, and the animations are superior. Original Kayle can make fire dance all over the lane, but the legendary one cannot. Sure, legendary Kayle's sword lights up, and it swings in two different directions, but that's not enough to make it "legendary."

I mean, it's kind of like if a popular musician released a hit song but then released an average quality song right after... In comparison to the popular song, the average one will look like it's less than average. The same kind of mentality works on these skins... If the original skin looks amazing, then the legendary one has to, by default, look better. In this case, the criteria isn't met, and that's why the skin is getting flamed so much.

I'd really love to buy a legendary kayle skin, but i'm not going to buy this one.

Note: I am not stating that the designers at Riot did not spend enough time and energy making this skin. I'm sure they did. However, I feel that the energy that was put into this project was slightly misdirected, and could have produced a better product.

Odelyn

01-18-2013

She needs a little more. Her ult's particle effects look way too similar to her standard ult. I suggest a blue hexagonal shield that gradually turns red as its duration runs out. Her recall needs launch particles on her wings during the last 2.5 seconds of recall, similar to how a a spaceship ignites but doesn't lift off until about 10 seconds later. Here you can use blue or yellow trails, maybe an explosion on the ground when she lifts off.

ZyniX69

01-21-2013

My only gripe is how changing joke animations and such make it a legendary skin. I would much rather have some visual effect that is active while using my champion.