Why Everyone Hates the Proposed Atma's Impaler change, and Why They're Wrong

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorchek

10-20-2010

I think people were talking about the armor/damage-crit, not the damage and crit. There isn't an item with EHP and dmg on it.

Atma's is in a good place right now. It gives tanks, but only tanks, better dps, while giving some survivability. An item with, say, a BF sword and a Giant's belt might be a bit OP.

I cast spells

10-20-2010

very well said

PreNerfXin

10-20-2010

I noticed it too, there are very few good crit items and none are stackable.

DrSkankyNun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I think they should just buff executioner's calling a little considering it give crit chance and life steal, two things that I've seen people complain about. Maybe have executioner's calling combine with a pick axe to make a 3rd level item that gives all this and damage? Just a thought.

IS186afbf367d955

10-20-2010

Xypherous: I think you took the right decision by not making the changes. Tanks are already in a very good place and crit is the only thing that refrain tanks to build Atma's. Trading crit for health would give a huge buff to tanks and I really don't think they need one.

Adding a new item if you change atma's would be good but you would also need to nerf Atma's. I mean I bought it on chogath with 4KHP and that was giving me 80AD for 800g !

Eddy01741

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
Atma's is almost a core item on my melee DPS builds. Simply because melee DPS don't work without 3500+ HP and 150+ armor to begin with, and it synergized with a high HP pool, gave me armor, and still gave the AD and Crit I needed to roll melee DPS.
What? 3500 HP and 150+ Armor? Explain to me how anybody can be called a "DPS" with 3500 HP. Let's say the average champion has 2000HP at level 18 (and that's generous), it would require more than 3 giant's belts to get that 1500HP you speak of, and that's the most gold efficient way to stack HP, except that also takes up 3/4 item slots. Say you get a randuins, veil, and a frozen mallet, you now have a little under 3500 HP, about 120 armor, about 87 magic resist, oh, and you've also spent almost 9000 gold on those three items which increase your DPS only by adding 20 attack damage.

Melee DPS doesn't need 3500 HP and 150 armor to be effective...

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
What? 3500 HP and 150+ Armor? Explain to me how anybody can be called a "DPS" with 3500 HP. Let's say the average champion has 2000HP at level 18 (and that's generous), it would require more than 3 giant's belts to get that 1500HP you speak of, and that's the most gold efficient way to stack HP, except that also takes up 3/4 item slots. Say you get a randuins, veil, and a frozen mallet, you now have a little under 3500 HP, about 120 armor, about 87 magic resist, oh, and you've also spent almost 9000 gold on those three items which increase your DPS only by adding 20 attack damage.

Melee DPS doesn't need 3500 HP and 150 armor to be effective...
I could easily reach that mark with Frozen Mallet/Sunfire/Atma and perhaps another survivability item, and still have awesome DPS.

There's almost no champions that'd work well with, but that at least does what you said is impossible.

CnB84

10-20-2010

Don't change Atma's. I don't want a new item. I don't want to lose the crit combined with the armor and the passive. It's perfect. I love the item as is. I mean, honestly, the passive is totally worthless on any champ that stacks hp. Why? Because your main source of damage, if you stack hp, is going to magic damage from your abilities and sunfire capes.

Don't change Atma's. Leave it alone.

Eddy01741

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
I could easily reach that mark with Frozen Mallet/Sunfire/Atma and perhaps another survivability item.

There's almost no champions that'd work well with, but that at least does what you said is impossible.
My bad, didn't see that he didn't include magic resist (which is dumb because not getting any will get you bursted down in seconds).

Anyways, that's still 4 items (mallet+sunfire+atma's isn't enough to get you over 3500hp on most champs) that you have dedicated to survivability. From those 4 items you get 40 magic aura dps, and 90 attack damage (3500HP factor into atma's, 20 AD from mallet).

Yeah, I know you agreed with me, but just saying how rediculous getting 3500HP on any non-tanky champ is.

Goldoak

10-20-2010

I was really excited about the proposed change. Atma's has always been my "wow this game has gone on forever" endgame Rammus item. It'd be fantastic if I could afford to grab it earlier, and my armadillo likes crit chance but doesn't by any means require it.