Massive Lag Spikes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paragón

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I've lost a ranked game recently because I couldn't hit any Shen taunts due to massive lag spikes. I'd periodically hit pings over 900, and some small 400-500 ms lag spikes here and there.

First, I'd like to apologize to my team for losing the game for you; I did not intend to do any harm or troll.

Second, is there any way I can fix this problem? Others seem to have the same problem, but some people seem to be absolutely fine. I've uninstalled Pando Media Booster, so it can't be that.

My internet company is Comcast; could that have anything to do with it? Or is it the RIOT servers? Will using an ethernet cable to attach to my router help?

Paragón

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

bump

iStratos

01-18-2013

I'd also like to know about this problem, I get random 400-500 lag spikes out of nowhere, and those are no good in the middle of a fight, which is the time the lag likes to pop up.

Paragón

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStratos View Post
I'd also like to know about this problem, I get random 400-500 lag spikes out of nowhere, and those are no good in the middle of a fight, which is the time the lag likes to pop up.
It's weird, because I usually get a ping somewhere between 70 and 99... it's averaging at 120-130 and spking up into red numbers. Literally unplayable lag.

I've tried everything from stopping torrents, completely uninstalling them, resetting my modem/router... nothing works.

Paragón

01-18-2013

bump

Client May Crash

01-18-2013

That was my ping during the final teamfight that my team lost because I couldn't even tell a teamfight was
happening. When I finally came back I was the only one alive and was sitting at my inhibitor. Their entire
team was sitting at the inhibitor turret kicking down our door. This was late. The death timers were 50+
seconds. We lost

Uwontprevail

01-18-2013

must be your isp.

Xaedo

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwontprevail View Post
must be your isp.
What is weird is, whenever I get lag now I say "Lag?" and at least one person also has lag at the same exact time. My friends and I play obviously in the same town and whenever they get a lag spike I do as well.

Weird.

Tehetti

01-18-2013

Same.

During my games I've been getting sporadic lag spikes (about every 5-10 seconds), which then continues on for about 10 seconds. I've asked people ingame to see if they lag as well, they seem to be, but recently it has been only me who lags. Can't do any queue anymore until its fixed ;(

draekanis

01-21-2013

yep I'm in Australia so instead of the lag going from like 90 to 120, it goes from 197 to over 400 which is completely unplayable. I've reinstalled the game and closed background apps etc but nothing has helped.