LoL on next gen consoles, can it be done?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Longshot405

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I know LoL is a moba, but my point still stands: Have you ever tried playing an RTS with a controller instead of with mouse and keyboard? It SUCKS.

Mind you, if the next gen consoles support using mouse and keyboard for games, then that would be awesome.

Koronisz

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios747 View Post
God damn, this is the most retarded post I've seen in a week.
Thank you for this lol

MrHedge64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
Theres no reason why you can't have a keyboard and mouse on a next gen console... They are already basically pc's...

Imo, the best candidate for Lol on a tv is the ouya...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya
The Ouya is a massive scam. It's essentially a dolled up android phone. There is literally no ****ing reason to ever purchase one, ever, period. No esclusives and literally every game on it can either be emulated with ten times to performance or played on a $90 phone with no differences. You are literally an idiotic hipster who has no idea how the **** anything in the history of forever works even in the slightest degree, and I'm surprised you managed to type that post without spontaneously slamming your forehead on your desk screaming "LE FUNNEH MAYMAY LE REDDIT FTW".

God damn I ****ing hate the Ouya.

Ryios

01-18-2013

Andorid on a TV, is a noble concept, and one I currently use since I have google T.V. integrated with my Comcast DVR. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Maybe the ouya is a scam, but it's a noble idea. I never said it would succeeed. I just said if it came out (maybe for $300) with some actual power, it could accomplish a lot. Kickstarter has a bad rep with tech projects, but who knows, maybe.

And you metioned exclusives... Imo something like the ouya coming out isn't about exclusives, that's the whole point. It's intent is to be open and be something indy developers (*minecraft*) can freely distribute games to without all the hoops and hurdles of a top tier console.

So you hate the ouya, ok, point taken. I never said I specifically like the ouya, I like the idea.

And my point still stands, theres nothing preventing console from allowing a keyboard and mouse, 360, ps3, etc all have usb ports.

IN fact, FFXI is available on xbox 360 and you can use a USB keyboard.

Dryzen

01-18-2013

On the wii u maybe. Simply because the touch screen could function as the mouse and the two left shoulders could be summoner spells and the d pad is your ability. (or the right shoulders and the face buttons if you are left handed)

MyNameIsDonovan

01-18-2013

There was a point in time where it was rumored that the next Xbox would run on a subsidiary version of windows 8, and that I might be able to play PC games that support windows 8. Not sure if this is the case, but it would be nice to cart around an xbox than my tower over to my friends house for a League Lan Night

Rôper

01-18-2013

Poor AP burst champions, it'd take 15 seconds to properly cast each spell for the full burst with those silly controllers.

Archangel9088

01-18-2013

why is everyone so obsessed with having league on consoles omfg

Rannxz

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
Also, lol on the wii u would be interesting with the touchscreen, and they could do something really cool with the new xbox and smart glass (which is an app you can run on tablets/phones etc) that integrates with the xbox.

Generally though, I wish console would die. If you want to game get a gaming laptop or PC.

There really is no argument as to why a console is better than a gaming PC. Here are some I'll shoot down
1. PC's Have more cheaters
-This is because PC's are open, people can download and install w/e they want. They can also run ide's to write code and memory editors to build hacks.
-> The solution here is a stricter OS, someone should make an Operating system just for gaming that runs on Mac's and Pc's

2. Consoles have bigger screens via our t.v.s
-> T.v.'s these days have VGA/DVI/HDMI inputs. They are basically really big monitors capable of the same or better resolutions as typical PC monitors. There is absolutely nothing preventing people from hooking their pc/laptop up to one of their HDTV's inputs

3. I like using a controller better
-> Really? Why? You prefer to be enefficient?

Consoles have locked distribution. You need to by licenses to develop software for them. You pay 60$ for a hyped game that you wish you could refund 100%. You pay 60$ for a good game that you beat in 8 hours. Everyone competes so you have to buy 3 console to be able to play every exclusive title...

There are a million cons to consoles, especially the digital download issues atm.

I'm hoping the ouya succeeds and changes everything.
Who are you answering this questions for? They were never asked in previous posts, and honestly make no sense in your topic. League of Legends would never be distributed to the Xbox 360 and PS3, not because of hardware limitations, or even keyboard/mouse issues (really though, if you plan on using a keyboard/mouse why not just use a PC?) but due to the micro-transactions that occur with the riot points. Microsoft and Sony wouldn't allow you to freely purchase RP right from the game anymore, you'd need to buy it from their respective marketplaces and end up paying more for less.

Plus, because of how RTS and MOBA games play on the console, there isn't a huge demographic for them. Those that that play only on the console don't want those types of games (look at the data provided by games like Halo Wars, LotR Guardians, UnderSiege, etc.)

ATastyDessert

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhm916 View Post
I would prefer it on PC. Can't imagine playing LoL outside of mouse and keyboard.
True dat. I downloaded some game on iPhone called Heros of Order and Chaos or something which is a MOBA. It is terrible. Controls are terrible. You can't see the mini map unless you zoom in on it. I imagine it will be the same on console except with a larger screen and far less maneuvering.