LoL on next gen consoles, can it be done?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Linthas

01-18-2013

With the recently released rumored stats of the new xbox and playstation, do you think it will be possible for current popular PC exclusive games like LoL and World of Warcraft on them. The specifications are rumors but if they do end up being whats in the console can it be done to port over PC games onto those consoles and played with a keyboard and mouse inserted into the usb ports or bluetooth?

Mhm916

01-18-2013

I would prefer it on PC. Can't imagine playing LoL outside of mouse and keyboard.

Atreiyu

01-18-2013

I prefer it on computer/laptop/PC

There Be Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

God damn, this is the most retarded post I've seen in a week.

Voidgolem

01-18-2013

seems like too much work compared to just busting out the laptop.

plus, seeing as it's sony and microsoft, odds are PRICE GOUGING (and RRoD)

Null Signature

01-18-2013

They would have to redesign the movement/combat interface completely. Consoles wouldn't be able to compete against PCs.

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

RTS games are meant for PC. (yeah it's a MOBA but it's also a real time strategy)

Strawberrycocoa

01-18-2013

Great idea until everyone spends five minutes at the fountain on each back, navigating item menus with a directional pad and AB buttons.

Ryios

01-18-2013

Theres no reason why you can't have a keyboard and mouse on a next gen console... They are already basically pc's...

Imo, the best candidate for Lol on a tv is the ouya...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya

Ryios

01-18-2013

Also, lol on the wii u would be interesting with the touchscreen, and they could do something really cool with the new xbox and smart glass (which is an app you can run on tablets/phones etc) that integrates with the xbox.

Generally though, I wish console would die. If you want to game get a gaming laptop or PC.

There really is no argument as to why a console is better than a gaming PC. Here are some I'll shoot down
1. PC's Have more cheaters
-This is because PC's are open, people can download and install w/e they want. They can also run ide's to write code and memory editors to build hacks.
-> The solution here is a stricter OS, someone should make an Operating system just for gaming that runs on Mac's and Pc's

2. Consoles have bigger screens via our t.v.s
-> T.v.'s these days have VGA/DVI/HDMI inputs. They are basically really big monitors capable of the same or better resolutions as typical PC monitors. There is absolutely nothing preventing people from hooking their pc/laptop up to one of their HDTV's inputs

3. I like using a controller better
-> Really? Why? You prefer to be enefficient?

Consoles have locked distribution. You need to by licenses to develop software for them. You pay 60$ for a hyped game that you wish you could refund 100%. You pay 60$ for a good game that you beat in 8 hours. Everyone competes so you have to buy 3 console to be able to play every exclusive title...

There are a million cons to consoles, especially the digital download issues atm.

I'm hoping the ouya succeeds and changes everything.