The Idea Centre

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

01-19-2013

I require all to embrace the heresy, and join the Lunari's cause.

((But truly, I wish for more large events; like the old beach parties and whatnot... I believe it was more fun that way anyways, as it is becoming stressing to see everything with all the bickering and what not.))

AskPantheon

01-19-2013

The problem with the community here is that I could do something so simple as say I like bacon more than sausages, have a small argument with someone over that, and within 20 minutes everyone would be at everyone else's throat over something entirely unrelated to bacon and sausages, and we would have a massive argument across the entire forum for a week, and at the end absolutely nothing will have been done. Just my two cents.

Aproxima

01-19-2013

What Pantheon said.
Simply it's just awesome ability!

FilFire

01-19-2013

Oh the rage, it's without limits around here.

Very simple problem: Champions are not allowed to progress in any significant way. Result, they start doing strange stuff to prevent things becoming stale, then others disagree with it, then everybody starts arguing and before you know the house is on fire and everybody is dead.

Ask Alistar

01-19-2013

I somewhat agree with the guy about champion relationships, I mean Ashe and Tryn makes sense cause Riot did that, but Jax and Shyv, never heard of that... plus we need to gather and make events in the client so we can start a spark, maybe like a chat room where people can join and ask questions on the spot, or just play frequent games online.

Corrupted Sniper

01-19-2013

I need more practice with Varus... I am actually better with mid lane champs like TF though. But sure, some games would be nice.

Oh and regarding ideas, why not purposely create a random thread and then post in it, start an argument and watch as people come in arguing with their own random arguments? We will then tell them that we just wanted to see how they would respond and watch as their jaw drop while they start to flame us. Oh and another one , make plenty of smurfs so that we have some people deliberately attracting the hate of the community so that the rest of the community can remain in peace.

Askhexplosive

01-19-2013

The whole point of roleplaying is to act out a fantasy, a make-believe. When you start policing the RP champion relationships and stifling what people can and can't do in their ask threads, you begin deviating from the whole -point- of roleplaying. Much of the charm and allure comes from seeing the champions do things that may be out of character by lore standards, creating an amusing juxtaposition. Champion lore is vague and full of blanks. If we adhere strictly to what we know about champions and their behaviors, we get a very boring, very constricted roleplaying environment.

This whole RP nazi business is what needs to stop. Let things evolve more naturally. Allow people to become attatched not only to the champions themselves, but to the unique flavor and personality of their players.

Ms Annie Hastur

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Like TF and Eve?
Or Nid and Bob?
Or Ashe and Trynd?

Staying true to the character and becoming stale while doing so or changing the character over time?

It is hard to see what is right and what is wrong here, because either way you loose something.
TF and Eve ended in canon. Ashe and trynd is canon, so it's acceptable. Bob Nashahago died because Nid and Janna killed him when they found out he was cheating.

Also, Katarina and Garen. Canon romeo and juliet style relationship.

Tristana and Teemo, hinted at but secretive. May be done, may just be a close friendship.

Anything else? **** that.

Ms Annie Hastur

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askhexplosive View Post
The whole point of roleplaying is to act out a fantasy, a make-believe. When you start policing the RP champion relationships and stifling what people can and can't do in their ask threads, you begin deviating from the whole -point- of roleplaying. Much of the charm and allure comes from seeing the champions do things that may be out of character by lore standards, creating an amusing juxtaposition. Champion lore is vague and full of blanks. If we adhere strictly to what we know about champions and their behaviors, we get a very boring, very constricted roleplaying environment.

This whole RP nazi business is what needs to stop. Let things evolve more naturally. Allow people to become attatched not only to the champions themselves, but to the unique flavor and personality of their players.
The problem isnt changes to keep from being stale, its changes that totally change the character entirely.

Also, these are not our characters. They are riot's characters. We get to roleplay them, but we do not get to alter them without a long arduous process.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Annie Hastur View Post
TF and Eve ended in canon. Ashe and trynd is canon, so it's acceptable. Bob Nashahago died because Nid and Janna killed him when they found out he was cheating.

Also, Katarina and Garen. Canon romeo and juliet style relationship.

Tristana and Teemo, hinted at but secretive. May be done, may just be a close friendship.

Anything else? **** that.

I don't really want to argue this, but I'm gonna. GarenXKat...Not really. It is fan canon and STRONGLY hinted at in lore, but it isn't official. Is it likely....yes. (I again disagree with the community at large and I'm allowed to have an opinion as long as I don't force feed it to you.) So, don't say it HAS TO BE. Not until Riot full fledged has them sighted holding hands or something like that. Until then, they can be more distant than Teemo and Trist. I wouldn't say they hate each others guts, but they are not a canon item...YET. Again, this is quite possible to occur, but it HASN'T yet. (I would also be saddened that Riot turned to a cliche to progress lore.)

However, the point was champions have relationships, and they should continue to do so...within limits. Cho'gath and Kassadin....NO....just....NO!!!!...that's NEVER going to happen. But Malzahar and Cho......I'll leave that image in your heads and run away before I get flamed.