The Idea Centre

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Alistar

01-18-2013

Alright, so to me it looks like the forum is dying and fading very fast. People are leaving, others don't come quite as often. This is the place where idea's are made and discussed. This forum needs to have fresh idea's and it needs them now. Feel free to flood this page with ideas and everyone should take part in this discussion so we can start a new project to raise the popularity of this forum.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-18-2013

Here's the one I won't force upon anyone but will mention whenever a good opportunity arises, like this thread for example.

Make ask threads strictly Riot Canon related. No RPing in ask threads, just asking.
Then remake all the ''A day in _____''' threads to simply ''GRP/Location:________'' and basically use all locations in Valoran in them.

Now, instead of RPing across ****loads of Ask threads and whatnot, the RPs that would happen there will happen in the new Grand RP.
Basically, what we do now is use the ask threads and ''A day in _____'' threads as a single huge ass RP that basically covers the whole forum.
This, of course, creates problems because while RPing it is hard to keep the champion the same, cause they get to see stuff...deep stuff. And this leads to Ask thread RPs being half-assed.
With this, we could remove the issue once and for all.

And of course, even threads like Sona's party, for example, will be part of the Grand RP, which would make stuff like Tryndamere hooking up with Sejuani possible. Of course, if something like that happened we would have to simulate the events that would happen after that, like Frajyord becoming engulfed in a Civil war maybe?

It goes without saying that the Grand RP threads would all be open, unless specified that they aren't (like secret meetings and whatnot). And of course, the most important bit, your char can die in it. So that stuff like Lux rampaging through Noxus would not be without consequences.

Now, that creates a problem, and it has two solutions:
a) Char immediately respawns, all RP that led to their death resets.
b) Chars die, but get a respawn timer of a few days (a week maybe?). All RP that led to their death resets.
c) Chars stay dead permanently. We all have a complete RP reset every 3 months.
All this with a primary thread that watches people's respawn timers and works like Viktor's list thread.
And we can use that profile site to keep track of all champs' progressions.

Or champs, like it is currently, can't die in RPs, yeah, that works too.

All RPs that are not part of the GPR are unaffected.

Again, this isn't something I want to force upon people, it just floats around my head, and I like opportunities where I can let it leak out.

Ask the String

01-18-2013

I say what we need is more large events (Like the Harrowing or Snowdown parties) where everyone can gather together, hang out and interact with, and basically let them run wild there (not literally of course...)

Ergheis

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Here's the one I won't force upon anyone but will mention whenever a good opportunity arises, like this thread for example.

Make ask threads strictly Riot Canon related. No RPing in ask threads, just asking.
Then remake all the ''A day in _____''' threads to simply ''GRP/Location:________'' and basically use all locations in Valoran in them.

Now, instead of RPing across ****loads of Ask threads and whatnot, the RPs that would happen there will happen in the new Grand RP.
Basically, what we do now is use the ask threads and ''A day in _____'' threads as a single huge ass RP that basically covers the whole forum.
This, of course, creates problems because while RPing it is hard to keep the champion the same, cause they get to see stuff...deep stuff. And this leads to Ask thread RPs being half-assed.
With this, we could remove the issue once and for all.

And of course, even threads like Sona's party, for example, will be part of the Grand RP, which would make stuff like Tryndamere hooking up with Sejuani possible. Of course, if something like that happened we would have to simulate the events that would happen after that, like Frajyord becoming engulfed in a Civil war maybe?

It goes without saying that the Grand RP threads would all be open, unless specified that they aren't (like secret meetings and whatnot). And of course, the most important bit, your char can die in it. So that stuff like Lux rampaging through Noxus would not be without consequences.

Now, that creates a problem, and it has two solutions:
a) Char immediately respawns, all RP that led to their death resets.
b) Chars die, but get a respawn timer of a few days (a week maybe?). All RP that led to their death resets.
c) Chars stay dead permanently. We all have a complete RP reset every 3 months.
All this with a primary thread that watches people's respawn timers and works like Viktor's list thread.
And we can use that profile site to keep track of all champs' progressions.

Or champs, like it is currently, can't die in RPs, yeah, that works too.

All RPs that are not part of the GPR are unaffected.

Again, this isn't something I want to force upon people, it just floats around my head, and I like opportunities where I can let it leak out.
This. On top of that, I feel it may be time to "reboot" the RP lore. The OC can stay the same, but our champs have gotten bogged down

Ask the Kumiho

01-18-2013

I don't know if it's because there's *another* place people can go to (I won't say anything else on the matter), but because the Champions all stagnate here - as someone stated, none of your actions have severe consequences, it can get very very dull. RPing as if your character was in the same timeline gets boring quickly.

While ideas such as events are nice and all, those threads also get very convoluted and they eventually get focused on perhaps one or two characters/scenes while the rest of the people are busy scrabbling to find their post twenty pages ago because two people spam one liners about kissing and hugging each other.

Why can't Champions do threads that are completely insane? If Orianna wants to do something Portal-esque, then she can write (Non-Canon) in her thread title. That way the people who always cry about things not being a part of lore really don't have much to cry over at all while allowing a little more 'creative freedom' as some people have said.

Ergheis

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrí Kumiho View Post
I don't know if it's because there's *another* place people can go to (I won't say anything else on the matter), but because the Champions all stagnate here - as someone stated, none of your actions have severe consequences, it can get very very dull. RPing as if your character was in the same timeline gets boring quickly.

While ideas such as events are nice and all, those threads also get very convoluted and they eventually get focused on perhaps one or two characters/scenes while the rest of the people are busy scrabbling to find their post twenty pages ago because two people spam one liners about kissing and hugging each other.

Why can't Champions do threads that are completely insane? If Orianna wants to do something Portal-esque, then she can write (Non-Canon) in her thread title. That way the people who always cry about things not being a part of lore really don't have much to cry over at all while allowing a little more 'creative freedom' as some people have said.

In other news, please stop spending twenty pages kissing each other.

Also, I tried a non-canon space thread. People were interested and said they would join if it gained traction, but the first three posts were generic OH LOOK ANYTHING GOES LET'S DESTROY THIS THREAD posts.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-18-2013

I was thinking about taking over Viktor's battlecast and making a ''3 posts per day'' limit.
But I won't take over if he still wishes to go through with it.

Ask Trollyguy

01-18-2013

I say i might be new to the RP thing but what i say well think about when you start a match and everyone is lvl 1 and they gain xp to grow. So i say we should be able to have our charaters grow in certein ways such as learning new magic and skills. Because when i think about it i feel like im the same charater who never changed in anyway.

Kinda like pokemon where no matter which ones you choose they grow. Heck might even give some love to the champs like me.

DespirThoth

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrí Kumiho View Post

http://maelstromlol.freeforums.net/ Is what she's talking about. There is absolutely no reason to hide it.

In other news, You should all follow in my footsteps. This is exactly what I do all the time. Only answer questions, dont deviate from the character unless its a huge rp(and I rebooted that, sorta), dont do stupid **** constantly that is realistic if done only in moderation. Changes that dont hurt the character or change who they are, and most of all...

NO
CHAMPION
RELATIONSHIPS

I have said this a hundred ****ing times. Its like a bad ****ing fanfic, is what you're doing. If they had relationships theyd do it in canon.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespirThoth View Post
http://maelstromlol.freeforums.net/ Is what she's talking about. There is absolutely no reason to hide it.

In other news, You should all follow in my footsteps. This is exactly what I do all the time. Only answer questions, dont deviate from the character unless its a huge rp(and I rebooted that, sorta), dont do stupid **** constantly that is realistic if done only in moderation. Changes that dont hurt the character or change who they are, and most of all...

NO
CHAMPION
RELATIONSHIPS

I have said this a hundred ****ing times. Its like a bad ****ing fanfic, is what you're doing. If they had relationships theyd do it in canon.
Like TF and Eve?
Or Nid and Bob?
Or Ashe and Trynd?

Staying true to the character and becoming stale while doing so or changing the character over time?

It is hard to see what is right and what is wrong here, because either way you loose something.