not doing damage in games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sixfoothate

01-18-2013

Ive been playing league for about 4 months and I know most of the ropes. The only problem that really bothers me is that when I use an adc or ap character that normally does a ton of damage I usually end up being one of the lowest damage dealing characters. I don't know if im not playing those characters correct or not focusing characters enough. Has anyone had this problem? Is it because I'm inexperienced?

Bad Player

01-18-2013

Which champions are you playing? What items are you building? What order are you skilling?

Also, are you properly farming? (For your level, at least.) When games end, do you typically have a significantly lower/higher cs than the other players?

Shallow Cubes

01-18-2013

From what I can tell on LOLKING, it's because you're not keeping up with your cs, and your build order is slightly off for Vayne.

From the 4 games I can see, you are sub-100 CS on 3 of them, and your KDR is always negative, so I am assuming that you are either not properly applying yourself in team fights and/or you are getting dominated early game in lane.

Infinity Edge is a good item for Vayne, but it shouldn't be one of your first. Typically, you'll see a Bloodthirster early since, with its stacks and life steal, it lets you hit hard (up to +100 damage) and grants some sustain in lane (up to 18% life steal). You can follow this up with a Phantom Dancer, which has just about every stat to help Vayne destroy (attack speed, movement speed, ignore unit collision, and crit chance).

Disclaimer: This is not always a desired route for any ADC. Just basing this around Vayne since that's all I can see in your LOLKING that involves an ADC.

sixfoothate

01-18-2013

Yeah i do have low cs and I have been going negative alot due to the lack of damage on characters. Most of the times I am focused by the enemy team ( which is normal considering I'm the one that should be doing the most damage) but I'm not doing much damage back. Thanks for the advice I will try these methods and think what you have said is spot on

Cenerae

01-18-2013

If you're getting focused down early in teamfights, that means you're out of position a lot.

Remember, just because you have a lot of damage does not mean you want to be on the front line. If you give the enemy team the choice of hitting your beefy bruisers, or squishy little you, who do you think they'll opt to take out first?

Instead, sit behind your beefier champs and plink away until you see an opening to move in without getting annihilated. Yes, this may mean you're hitting their tanks. No, that doesn't matter. Your job is to deal damage, not to pretend you're an assassin and try to run down and 1v1 their carry.

This doesn't hold true for all AP champs mind, but the general methodology is the same - except you wait for a moment when you can use your spells to their greatest effect.

CS will greatly affect your damage output, so if you consistently find yourself feeling weak then you may want to put less emphasis on dithering around in mid lane with your team when neither side is looking to actually fight, and more time running to a free lane and grabbing gold. (You may not actually be doing the aforementioned dithering, but a lot of people I know with cs issues do actually do that. Don't. If you're not fighting, go farm.)

Bad Player

01-18-2013

You might want to look into characters that are tankier, have higher range, or can farm better than Vayne.

Vayne is a lategame hypercarry, but her earlygame is terrible, she requires lots of farm, and she has relatively short range (which means she needs to have great positioning).

For ADC, I would suggest trying Caitlyn (massive range, decent farming with Q), Varus (above-average range, can farm well with Q and E, or with passive), or Ashe (above-average range, increased gold from passive).

For AP, I would suggest Mordekaiser (shield provides tankiness, easymode farmer), Malzahar (wins lane easy, decent range, easymode farmer), or Annie (big burst, free last hits with Q)

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

it could also be your runes and masteries