building Fizz entirely glass cannon? (Fizz doesn't need no defensive items)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

01-18-2013

A couple days ago, I saw another player playing as Fizz and noticed he was building Lich's Bane and Rabadon's Cap first instead of Rod of Ages? I kinda scratched my head a bit on this because Fizz is really squishy as a gap closer assassin and needs some good durability to survive (which is one of my major reasons why I often rush Rod of Ages first). So I decided to play one game where I rush Lich Bane and Rabadon instead of Rod of Ages and Philosopher's Stone/Elesia's Stone (mainly because Fizz has very bad farming potential and I often bring Heal/Ignite with Fizz) and realize that Fizz doesn't really need those two items. In fact, most of the money that Fizz (like most gap-closer melee assassins) that Fizz gets is from scoring a lot of kills/assists instead of farming and I saved up a lot of money using Crystalline Flask. Rushing up Lich's Bane and Rabadon's really greatly increased my K:A ratio a lot. All I need to do to do lots of burst damage is a tanky champion and when that champion initiates, I jump in. And most of Fizz's damage comes from doing lots of burst with Q and W.

Anyways, tell of you guys think that making Fizz entirely glass cannon with no defensive items whatsoever is a good idea when playing as Fizz (or other gap-closer melee assassins). Here's what I often build Fizz with:

• boots and 3 potions first
  • get crystalline flask when returning to base and possibly Sheen if enough money
  • Sorcerer's Shoes
  • make Sheen into Lich's Bane
  • Rabadon's Deathcap (and selling the flask)
  • Malady
  • Wit's End (the only defensive item, but I often go for this for the high attack speed)
  • Nashor's Tooth

Some people may be asking why on earth will you go for AS items for Fizz. Well, my reasoning is his W passive. I want it to trigger as often as possible (in a similar vein like Teemo).

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

AS items are pretty bad on fizz in general. Especially in your case, since you had mentioned that you want to go glass with Fizz, you won't have much chance to keep autoattacking the enemy.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

drop the aspd items.

Keep rabadon and lich bane.

Go for void zhonya and dfg.

Shallow Cubes

01-18-2013

Dear Diary,

I saw Veigar today. We are no longer friends.

Your Friend,
Fizz

Disclaimer: Fizz is good against Veigar, but the problem with keeping Fizz squishy and AA much (with your AS build) is that it gives a good enemy nuker time to hit you and burst you quickly. Veigar would probably be able to one-combo you if caught. If. But then again, he can do that to many AP champs.

AcornGames

01-18-2013

I usually rush Lichbane and Hourglass as my first two items. If you can communicate with your team then you can R+E Into a group of enemies, then activate the hourglass immediately while your team cleans up xD It also helps that your cooldowns should mostly be reset by the time hourglass expires.
Late game if I have the cash I go for Guardian Angel, this way my team knows I can charge in, deal heavy damage and stay alive long enough for us to get a few kills.