Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rahvenous

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShade View Post
I like this change, always felt it was unbalanced when people had widely disparate numbers of wins. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I think this has increased my queue times by ~1 minute average, but I'm not positive. I think it's worth it though.
Are you serious how can a level 23 with 33 wins be matched up against level 30's with 200-300+ wins be fair at all this is **** how can a new player like myself learn when i am constantly matched up against those sort of players, all i end up doing is getting killed and raged at by my own team mates makes me really not want to play with this new system

Guges

01-25-2013

Just played with a 68 win person and he literally cost us the game.

Their team 2300+ wins..my team...1300 wins...

This system is broken and needs to be scrapped. A lot of people are getting frustrated with it and how it's affecting the games...games are too one sided and it's obviously not MM correctly.

Guy N Cognito

01-25-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZNcdeQjbo
Just watch it LOL

Adamsbro

01-26-2013

Just had a mach where we were put against a lvl 30 with 1121 wins. Our team was Myself lvl 12, lvl 19, lvl 19, lvl 15, lvl 23.

Enemy team was lvl 9, lvl 16, lvl 19, lvl 17, lvl 30.

lvl 30 score = 38 3 12.

They thought it was funny to destroy our team.

Clearly broken matchmaking.

A Tea Bagger

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guges View Post
Just played with a 68 win person and he literally cost us the game.

Their team 2300+ wins..my team...1300 wins...

This system is broken and needs to be scrapped. A lot of people are getting frustrated with it and how it's affecting the games...games are too one sided and it's obviously not MM correctly.
Honestly can we get a hotfix to restore it to normal, until you can make it function as intended?

Syldra

01-26-2013

This new system is broken because im constantly being matched with 150 wins people while the other team has 600+ wins, this is making teams really unbalanced and i hope they fix this problem soon.

Wynrotar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by failmage View Post
Just wondering, is it done this way with premades? A premade of 5 people group up, you add up their normal game elo, then divide that by 5 and find another group that closely resembles that average elo?
As simple as that sounds, it would be better than the current, im betting they wont make public the exact logic used.

Verviticus

01-26-2013

Is there somewhere with a better layout of exactly how the system works? My group of 6-8 people has been running into 20 minute queue times, being matched up against just The Worst Players after these queues and it's been pretty much impossible to play together in non-ranked without just stomping over and over

Wynrotar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
Is there somewhere with a better layout of exactly how the system works? My group of 6-8 people has been running into 20 minute queue times, being matched up against just The Worst Players after these queues and it's been pretty much impossible to play together in non-ranked without just stomping over and over
At the current time, best thing you can do is invite 9 friends to a custom match,,,,

Mistagon

01-26-2013

Great