Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Kitt

01-18-2013

I have 3790 normal wins. Bring it on queue times, bring it on.

Junmita

01-18-2013

that is awesome, i was tired of being paired against dudes with 1k victories when i didn't even get to 200

The Dork

01-18-2013

the last couple of games Ive had in ranked seem to be a bit more higher quaility (1152 elo)

Colfunderscorero

01-18-2013

I have 2900 wins in normal SR and about 60 in ranked. If I queue up in normals, does it only take into account my normal wins, or does it add them both together for total SR wins? And is it the same with ranked? It takes long enough finding plat matches late at night, if its gonna try and find people with ~3k wins as well it'll probably skyrocket

Kiishiin

01-18-2013

Good idea, but I normal queued with a friend, both our wins at about 300, we got queued with 8 other 700-1.6k wins ppl

FascistCommie

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post
It's not good for people like me with over 2k wins.

thers alot of people like you out there, shouldnt be a problem

Tyconderoga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Omg this is amazing

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently, we simply search for team compositions that average a similar number of wins to face you.

This would help a lot in ranked, especially in the 1000 - 1300 elo range, where there are so many new people added to the mix.

Silars

Recruiter

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosef View Post
What if my number of wins don't reflect my skill level? I'm sure I'm worse than 90% of other 1000+ win people . Does it look for similar baddies in my win range?

And do the ranked queues take into account someones normal wins when matching? Or is it just ranked wins vs ranked wins, normal wins vs normal wins, etc?
For your first question: The system tried to find people in your skill range, as before, but also tried to find people with similar game experience (number of wins).

As for the second, I have no idea, but my guess is it takes into account only the corresponding number of wins in a specific queue. (i.e.: If you queue up for Dominion, it will only use your Dominion wins)

Saiden

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colfunderscorero View Post
I have 2900 wins in normal SR and about 60 in ranked. If I queue up in normals, does it only take into account my normal wins, or does it add them both together for total SR wins? And is it the same with ranked? It takes long enough finding plat matches late at night, if its gonna try and find people with ~3k wins as well it'll probably skyrocket

would like to know this too!