Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guges

01-24-2013

I would like to see them take the match-making system a step further and do a new set of options on the game select screen that allows you to pick a match system that will pair you with individuals that want to play a certain position(s).

Most of the time that I see wasted is getting into games and two people call the same spot and after a bunch of arguing, one drops from the game and we have to restart the process. For the person that drops, maybe all they can play is one spot and they didn't type it fast enough. So they are punished and have to wait 6 mins to queue again. If the same thing happens, then they have to drop and get a 15 min wait OR they play and play a position they aren't as good at and the rest of the team suffers.

There should be a game option where you pick your position(s) and it matches you with other similar rated teammates who DON'T want to play the position you want to play.

You could use this for normal games, blind games and solo/duo ranked games.

So say you are a jungler and only like doing that and really suck at the other spots.

You would choose the Match me with Teammates (Favorite Position) option vs the standard Match me with Teammates option and then pick only the Jungle check box on position select. When the game pops, it would only pair you with 4 other people, but none of them would be jungle. In fact you would have a name tag that says you are the 'Jungle'

You could pick multiple positions like if you are good at Mid and Top, you would pick both boxes and when the game pops, it would tell you which one you got and your position. You still pick whatever character and role you want...you just have your lane or position locked down so you don't have to worry about that.

I've mocked up a sample of what it would be like. Maybe if RIOT likes it and implements it they can give me some RP.

Edit: Per request...new thread for this:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3040987

Mecoes

01-24-2013

guges you need a new thread for this.. that is awesome

Guges

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecoes View Post
guges you need a new thread for this.. that is awesome
Thanks Mecoes!

My friends suggested I mock it up because they liked it so much.

Request approved! Thread below.

Please comment in there...forums move fast.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3040987

Rebel Medic

01-24-2013

uhm i have 160 wins in ranked and im being pared with entire teams of 20 and below
please fix this

Resolute Riven

01-24-2013

Since January 16th I've dropped 350 ELO! Not working for me, but everyone else seems happy so whatever.
WAITING FOR NEW RANKED SYSTEM

Ryios

01-24-2013

Guges, fantasic ideaa, get this guy a job Riot.

Admiral Taran

01-24-2013

No wonder why the queue times have been substantially longer... and the people on my team have been utter **** in normal queue... very stupid idea in my opinion. The amount of games played does not determine how good a person is; you can have tons of experience and still play bad. Isn't ranked elo and normal elo good enough? Do we really have to take in account games played as well?!?

CHE GUEVAROSO

01-24-2013

Soy level 30 tengo mas de 1200 wins y me tocó jugar con ese teemo level 25 y con 78 wins

hay que arreglar esto por favor

iatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Taran View Post
No wonder why the queue times have been substantially longer... and the people on my team have been utter **** in normal queue... very stupid idea in my opinion. The amount of games played does not determine how good a person is; you can have tons of experience and still play bad. Isn't ranked elo and normal elo good enough? Do we really have to take in account games played as well?!?
Absolutely they must. If somebody has won 3 games, particularly in ranked, and are sitting at 1250 elo, they could be anywhere from a 600 to 1800 or so skill level in my experience. When I first started ranked, I got lucky my first few games, went 3-1, and then lost my next 9 games straight. At one point after my first couple games, I was something like 1350 elo, but I finally bottomed out around 780 elo, which is about where I really deserved. But, I was being paired with people with hundreds of games at 1200 elo, so that's where they deserved to be.

I'm at 1250 elo now after hundreds of games, and that's roughly where I belong (though I was closer to 1350 last season). Prior to this patch, my teammates and opponents had a very wide range of skills. I main support, and I'd get paired with adcs who alternatively did not know how to cs whatsoever to crazy talented adcs. This has been somewhat smoothed out lately now that I'm getting paired with fewer people still in their placement games.

A Tea Bagger

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynrotar View Post
Is this system live? i have almost 1k wins and I'm paired up with kids w/ less than 200 games on there accounts,,, pretty fing ridiculous. OOOH YOU SAID IT WAS LIVE IN LAST PATCH, so with the completely failed system queing people w/ 1k games w/ nub accounts less than 200, are you telling me it is functioning as intended? Right,,,

Or are there no experienced players left in league, just the kids that got new computers for xmas and have no idea how to 'properly' troll league,,,,,

I'm on for 32 hours at a time, maybe just maybe there's 4 games in a day and a half where a fellow summoner has maybe 1/2 of my games, and they are on the opposing team. Ill carry out the garbage but i refuse to carry out the ****.

screw your attempt riot, it has done nothing valid.

Well, go back to the drawing board, seen kids in first year programming logic apply better algorithms. JUST SAYING your "Dev" isnt developing, its reverse progression.

EDIT: ty for the neg troll vote, truth is truth. they have done nothing impressive with match making nor does it even warent a thread stating they did. If any thing matchmaking has gotten worse.

ROFL They block my account from the forums for stating the blatant truth. gg Cant take it can you riot? Perhaps if you spent more time actually coding/optimizing instead of dropping these completely BS new champions into the league. I mean I know its your cash crop, ooh new op champ must use credit card, understand your running a business but its gone to hell on our side in the last 4 months.