Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khan Tse Shyt

01-24-2013

Not working for me so well. The last two days I have been paired up with people that have 0-5 wins. The other team is over loaded with people over 80-100 wins and my team winds up being destroyed.

iatre

01-24-2013

I am just a bit over 1200 elo, and this new system has eliminated the thing I hated most about this elo: getting paired with people still in or just out of their placement games. Between 1100-1300 elo used to be very volatile for me because of the new players that haven't hit their true elo yet. I've noticed a lot less of that recently (and coincidentally, I've gained like 150 elo since this system was put in place.)

Mecoes

01-24-2013

I was paired with 0 wins people last night, but the other team was also paired with 0 wins. Seems balanced.

Ryios

01-24-2013

Just had another match. All the wins were pretty even. But there was obviously a huge skill cap between the two sides, so chalk another loss up, I think a I'm 1 and 9 in this new system (won one game...)

That and there seems to be a huge issue with partial premades. Like someone with 1200 wins, ques with a 300 friend, I get put on the team and I have 297 wins, etc, but there team will have people with 1000 wins etc.

KenjaminLinus

01-24-2013

I think that win to loss ratio needs to be factored, or just abandon doing it by number of wins entirely. This doesn't really make any sense when player A can have 1000 wins 1000 losses, and player B can have 1000 wins 5000 losses. These are obviously two drastically different players skill-wise, despite winning the same number of games. I really don't know how this wasn't taken into account, seems like it'd be obvious?

In my couple of games since the matchmaking update I seem to be matched with more trolls/afkers/overall **** players. I don't know if that's coincidence or not, but so far really dislike what it has done. Please just revert and try again.

iatre

01-24-2013

Quote:
KenjaminLinus:
I think that win to loss ratio needs to be factored, or just abandon doing it by number of wins entirely. This doesn't really make any sense when player A can have 1000 wins 1000 losses, and player B can have 1000 wins 5000 losses. These are obviously two drastically different players skill-wise, despite winning the same number of games. I really don't know how this wasn't taken into account, seems like it'd be obvious?

Elo is still the biggest factor. This has been said over and over here. If somebody is 1000 wins 5000 losses, they'll be hovering somewhere around 0 elo. So yes, it is obvious how it's taken into account, I'm not sure why you missed it.

Xudel

01-24-2013

This change seems puzzling to me. You already have elo for ranked games. Why not give normal games invisible elo. It is set at 0 until you reach 30. However all the pvp games you play until you reach 30 sets your elo once you reach that mark.

So if you ai to 30 your elo is going to be 0 because you played 0 pvp matches. Where someone who has smurfed and won 90% of their pvp matches might have a much higher elo once they hit 30.

Seems so simple.

WOLKANT

01-24-2013

Its SO good Excelent, Now everyone will learn better.
step by step

Stokyo

01-24-2013

I had played a couple of games on my main account yesterday where everything started fine. Won my lane, helped out others, and then I noticed about 20 minutes into the game NO ONE was talking. I've gone from playing with gold/plat players to ones that don't communicate at all. Frustrating to say the least because it was obvious the other team had communication where as I seemed to be playing with bots. The old system was fine as I feel it more fairly matched you with players around your ELO. Number of wins shouldn't be a factor in matchmaking. Hell most of the time the one that fed is the one with the most number of wins. As I suggested this should just be applied to pre-30 matches or say first 100 games played.

Melever

01-24-2013

Quote:
Xudel:
This change seems puzzling to me. You already have elo for ranked games. Why not give normal games invisible elo. It is set at 0 until you reach 30. However all the pvp games you play until you reach 30 sets your elo once you reach that mark.

So if you ai to 30 your elo is going to be 0 because you played 0 pvp matches. Where someone who has smurfed and won 90% of their pvp matches might have a much higher elo once they hit 30.

Seems so simple.

It is, because there already is elo in normals. You just don't see it.