Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2xtreme4u

01-23-2013

thats just what we wanted. thank you <3

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

@RiotKiddington
Isn't Win/Loss Ratio Just as Important?

Grenin78

01-24-2013

Since this change I seem to be having a much higher percentage of trolls and people that do not know what they are doing. I have lost nearly 100 elo, playing the same champs I played before the changes. Not sure why this would negatively effect me, other than I don't have a ton of wins. The troll aspect is making things really difficult. I don't think I have been harassed this much since I first started playing. Players that are not trolling seem to have poor attitudes and blame everyone else. I feel like I am back to 200 elo where I was once and climbed all the way to 790 this season before slipping since this change. Am I imagining this?

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-24-2013
43 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCrazyBarksXx View Post
@RiotKiddington
Isn't Win/Loss Ratio Just as Important?
that will be covered by the base Elo system, so no additional consideration is needed for win/loss ratio.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-24-2013
44 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
Because Runes. And Masteries.
Those are covered by the one's Elo score. Since people of same skill level with runes and masteries will have higher chance of winning compare to people without it, runes are masteries are already "priced in" the one's Elo.

Loai006

01-24-2013

is the number of dodging a game before start also be counted into the matching system?

Mast3rRitual

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

This new system is great! Thank you Riot!

Dean Moriarty

01-24-2013

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE turn this off for Co-op vs. AI. This is the most awful thing ever.

People do not go for objectives. At all. It is "who can get the most kills". Prior to the new changes, 90% of the time the human team would get first blood. Now that I am paired with people with "similar" win quantities, it's been 50-50. It's horrid. No team play. Everyone spreads out. People go AFK more. More losses (which is most absurd!). Everyone going solely for kills means that practicing jungle becomes even more futile.

Please please PLEASE turn it off. So much of the fun of co-op vs. AI was finding newer players and helping them out, flying out of the jungle to a lane in need and being thanked. Now it's full of...I don't know what they are. People who clearly think this is a single-player game. It is nutty. Please, make the pain stop. PLEASE!

MeanFacedJohnny

01-24-2013

Is this why I've been put on some baaad teams lately. My buddy and I usually duo. We don't play constantly but have had, as far as I remember, a consistency of winning more than losing. But because we don't crack play this game, over the past two years we are at about 400 wins each. We used to get put into normals with gold players on a regular basis and were starting to really enjoy the teams we were on and against. We jokingly referred to it as "being out of normal elo hell"

Then recently we noticed we've started to get put with some of the most trollish people under the bridge. I've had so many bad teams/games recently it makes me play other games. (MWO recently) Looking back at these games I don't recall seeing anyone in gold or even silver on these games. So is this because of the new matchmaking, and our not having a thousand wins or... did we just get really bad all the sudden? It's starting to look that way from my match history.
My kingdom for a team that can hold their lanes.

DCode

01-24-2013

Hi Lyte, I don't know if you saw my previous posts, but I believe things are still not quite right on my end; but perhaps on yours they may appear to be normal time and time again.
Hopefully trough my efforts I can convince you that maybe, just maybe, this new breed of players I'm being paired with isnt normal matchmaking behaviour.

I'm aware that the meager # games I played post the MM change isnt statistically acceptable as a basis to make any claims of sorts, but I blieve this isnt just a coincidence, or a troll streak of sorts, if you will, but a consistent trend that is showings its ugly face time and time again.

Something is not right on your end. This posts is aimed at Riot Kiddington of course, too.
More insight would be welcome, expecially about how (precisely) MM treats partial premades (which so far, on average, to me, are proving to be the worst gaming experiences bar none, and its not just 'my perception' because I can check they actually are partial premades via lolking.net).

Best regards.