Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I have 1700+ wins and my teammates don't and I have had to carry pretty hard.

shamation

01-23-2013

i likes it better when i could just get a friend and wait 10 seconds for a match, it meant i could do stuff faster without less waiting, its bad enough with trolls that decline or wiat till the time expires but this is just going to encourage them!!

EvolilovE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Wowww. I think this is a HUGE step for those that are stuck in Elo hell.

KiyoSpirit

01-23-2013

I either have a feeder, afk, or some other trolling behavior almost every game.

Siky

01-23-2013

Something I've always questioned.

Riot always claims LeaverBuster stepping in is always a point in your favor, however how is this true when all it really does is make it better for everyone else except for you. How often do you actually play with the same players if you don't know them?

The reason why people get aggravated at the current system is that there is no compensation. We are not asking for a loss forgiven (though it would be nice, it would be abuseable), we are asking for a lower penalty. If LeaverBuster is at work, why am I still getting punished for any calculations made to ELO gain/loss at the end of my game?

The winning team should be getting less ELO and the losing team should be losing less ELO.

However I guess this doesn't really matter if the system is about to change.

Mecoes

01-23-2013

Lyte and Kiddington... GOD BLESS YOU for this change. I have noticed and posted before about the lopsided wins in ranked for 1200 elo. Before this change i had a team with 0,0,0,2 wins and myself vs the other team with wins in the hundreds.

Thank you. Thanks You. Thank You.

Wynrotar

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
In the latest game update, we rolled out a second beta test of a new matchmaking change that is live in all territories. This change will increase your average queue time by about 30 seconds, but we hope the benefits are worthwhile.

--

The matchmaker will now take into account the Number of Wins a player has in every matchmade queue (Normal SR, Normal TT, Ranked Solo/Duo, etc).

This means that for the first few minutes, the matchmaker will attempt to find teammates and opponents that have a relatively similar Number of Wins as you in addition to trying to find teammates and opponents that also have a similar skill rating. However, this does not mean it's impossible to get matched into a game with a large difference in Number of Wins--it's just more rare.

We need your help! Please give us feedback on the changes.

PS - RiotKiddington was the dev that did most of the work.

Is this system live? i have almost 1k wins and I'm paired up with kids w/ less than 200 games on there accounts,,, pretty fing ridiculous. OOOH YOU SAID IT WAS LIVE IN LAST PATCH, so with the completely failed system queing people w/ 1k games w/ nub accounts less than 200, are you telling me it is functioning as intended? Right,,,

Or are there no experienced players left in league, just the kids that got new computers for xmas and have no idea how to 'properly' troll league,,,,,

I'm on for 32 hours at a time, maybe just maybe there's 4 games in a day and a half where a fellow summoner has maybe 1/2 of my games, and they are on the opposing team. Ill carry out the garbage but i refuse to carry out the ****.

screw your attempt riot, it has done nothing valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
PS - RiotKiddington was the dev that did most of the work.
Well, go back to the drawing board, seen kids in first year programming logic apply better algorithms. JUST SAYING your "Dev" isnt developing, its reverse progression.

EDIT: ty for the neg troll vote, truth is truth. they have done nothing impressive with match making nor does it even warent a thread stating they did. If any thing matchmaking has gotten worse.

Nesstor104

01-23-2013

nice

supa03

01-23-2013

I just Duo Qed with my gf and first off hit me funny cuz usually im first pick since we have a huge gap between us....well i was 2nd I decided to look up my team and everyone 1-4, 1-7, 2-4 im at 150-120 ish....needless to say i dodged

EDIT: my gf is 87-100

Wynrotar

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa03 View Post
I just Duo Qed with my gf and first off hit me funny cuz usually im first pick since we have a huge gap between us....well i was 2nd I decided to look up my team and everyone 1-4, 1-7, 2-4 im at 150-120 ish....needless to say i dodged

EDIT: my gf is 87-100
Riot is now privately owned by Blizzard, , , or at least taking programming lessons from them.