Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litual Angel View Post
I got a lv 12 account on lol BR, is IMPOSSIBLE to win once, if I want to win I have to vs bots, gg riot
I found your problem

4Touchdowns1Game

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Why not? it is not ranked game, and if his skill is at that level that equals to his peers, then he should be matched.
Because of the runes and masteries differences, the skill levels required to make up for that are too great. My example was exaggerated but still, and maybe it's less of a problem for a level 28 but for a level 21 or something being matched with a level 30 of a similar rating it's practically impossible for the level 21 to come out on top.

Fuz1es

01-23-2013

I was wondering why the queue times were longer and decided to take a look at the forums today. One thing I have noticed is over the weekend I went on a 8 game winning streak in ranked and noticed my fellow summoners were alot better than normal which I was very pleased with and I thought I just got lucky. I hope this continues and I dont get any more leavers, I went up almost 70 elo because I had decent people to play with.

On the other hand I do play normals with my friend (who is higher elo ranked) and we have been getting some really bad players that dont know what the hell they are doing. Why such a huge difference when playing ranked and normals?

Odin OneHorn

01-23-2013

Is there any thought to tweaking the mm system to take into account a players toxicity?

I don't mind playing with people of my Elo (sub 1k) if they are pleasant. And I don't see why punishing jerks by grouping them with other jerks would be a problem...

This seems like it would condemn a lot more deserving players to Elo hell, and make it so some decent folks, while even if they never increase their Elo, may not feel like they are in such a hellish predicament.

iTypics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Why not? it is not ranked game, and if his skill is at that level that equals to his peers, then he should be matched.
Although true, is it really fair that the the lv 30 has an advantage of a quint? (and a glyph, but 1 glyph is somewhat neglectable.) If the other guy is lv 28.

Kermadac

01-23-2013

Im wondering... If you keep adding more parameters like this to the match making system. Wont this mean that you should be getting a 50/50 win/loss ratio? Also, if thats the case wouldnt you eventually keep getting qued with the same players. Somewhat similar to what happens in diamond elo?

Nicodemous

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermadac View Post
Im wondering... If you keep adding more parameters like this to the match making system. Wont this mean that you should be getting a 50/50 win/loss ratio? Also, if thats the case wouldnt you eventually keep getting qued with the same players. Somewhat similar to what happens in diamond elo?
When I was leveling up my first level 30 account (I started a second account to play with my sister and ended up taking it to 30 as well) that was already the case for me. I use to see like 20 different players regularly between levels like 5 to long after 30 (basically I stop seeing them when I started playing the other account) and when I came back to the original they were gone...

TheMask336

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuu View Post
I was wondering about that extra 30 sec queue time.
ya me too was like a 1:15 not before all the gd q dodges so its probly 2mins before i acutally get into a game now.........

can we have the old one back its not making much of a difference im still getting stuck with noobs who have no clue how to play then ***** when we lose :/. rather have short q then long one anyway

UprisingLegend

01-23-2013

Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously awesome!

Kampfybewts

01-23-2013

Lyte,

I've had some time off work and have been playing lots this week, especially since the matchmaking changes.

I wasn't aware of matchmaking changes until about 3 days after they had taken effect, I came to the message boards because I noticed that the quality of player that I'm being matched with has changed considerably and was looking for answers.

I found this thread and I am convinced these changes have been a net negative. I've had 2k+ win people matched vs 200 win people. I've had a level 14 in a game full of level 30's.

I'm certain this wasn't the intention of the new system, but this wasn't happening before. I suspect it has something to do with how duo/triple/quadruple queued players function while looking for matches.

Please revert immediately and try again later.

-Kampfybewts