Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RefuzioN

01-23-2013

Seriously not a bad idea but i would like it if riot restarted everybodys record, im sure everyone would like a fresh start.

GhostStalker

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Why not? it is not ranked game, and if his skill is at that level that equals to his peers, then he should be matched.
Because Runes. And Masteries.

DiscworldDeath

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Touchdowns1Game View Post
But how is that acceptable that there is a level 28 there? Even if a level 28 player is 2K Elo rated he should not be matched with/against under ANY circumstances.
Smurfs and highly skilled players. When we could track Normal Elo we had level 20 smurfs who had 2k normal Elo, they took about 30 minutes to find a match, but they were matched, with level 30s.

Goth Skunk

01-23-2013

I don't know what it is about this new matchmaking system, but I've just won 9 out of my last 10 normals.

Going back and looking over the replay summaries, I see that the number of games played between the two teams varies greatly. Some times they're dead even. Other times they vary greatly. It doesn't seem to make a difference, really.

Though if anything, I've noticed that as of late, I have great summoner synergy with my teammates. Things have just been really clicking lately.

Also, Kayle is a badass champion, and I'm going to main her. >

Hepolite

01-23-2013

@Lyte about Automatic Elo

Since Elo is calculated in and apparently big factor in queuing, then shouldn't first time ranked players start at 0 - 500 ? There are a lot of players in the 800-1200 range with a lot a experience and skill (not saying Gold, Diamond material) that just have a hard time getting out of the "ELO HELL" because of new players and an above average abundance of trolls/afkers. Automatic ELO for doing nothing is just throwing unwanted people into the mix because there are a lot more inexperienced, unequipped (incomplete rune pages, few champs) first time level 30 players trying ranked out for the first time than there are experienced, equipped (many champs, multiple full tier 3 rune pages) first time ranked players.

Mokkun

01-23-2013

On this account, my queue times have gone from about 45 seconds to 1-2 minutes longer on average.

My now 27 smurf has gone from similar times 45-60 seconds, to 3-5 minute queues.
(side effect of silver-grade smurf with about 1/3 of their wins as co-op for leveling purposes?)
Actually, the number of co-op games may make this really weird for low level accounts.

I'm also hitting that massive in-flux of level 30 accounts in my games, not sure if that's due to level range, or changes to matchmaking. (these level 30s however range from 100 something wins, to plats with 1k+, so it's really random, probably on account of duo/multi queueing.)

Fluffy Ahri

01-23-2013

Now I have to play vs elo diamond/platinum players often... NORMAL QUEUE

I know that playing with strong players makes me strong too but... ****.......................................

JordiPrice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litual Angel View Post
Now I have to play vs elo diamond/platinum players often... NORMAL QUEUE

I know that playing with strong players makes me strong too but... ****.......................................
I used to have that too, which was perfectly fine and balanced for me, and now I get to play with no rating to 1600 people. Every game it's hard to not be a toxic player. (Talking about my EUW account, though.)

Aim Wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

As someone with 1800 wins, I've been dreading this test.

Kyl

01-23-2013

lol, was finally climbing elo, then this week have been wondering why i'm getting stuck with so many trolls as i've fallen nearly 100 elo just this week,

just saw this post... i guess thats probably something to do with it lol. Oh well, adapt and try to climb again I guess.

I don't play normals much, so I don't have many normal wins, most of my games are ranked, I usually only play normals when testing out a new champ, I think that is why I am getting stuck with people who are quite new to ranked even though I have/had a good win to loss ratio in ranked.