Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamvert

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post
It's not good for people like me with over 2k wins.
Yeah, it sure does seem like this new system heavily penalizes people who have more wins.

It seems like an attempt to fix that fact that new players start at 1200 Elo yet are probably worse than that, and yet it seems to have so many drawbacks. It sounds like the more wins you have, the harder it will be to maintain the same Elo, which would be a shame even if it didn't mean longer queue times.

Despite what the majority thinks, I don't like this change at all.

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeseamon View Post
You have no idea how happy this makes me. I only have about 40 wins in normals (because I play mostly bot games) and as soon as I hit level 30 I was paired with and against people who have 300-1000 wins. I went from having a 70% win rate as ADC pre-level 30 to a 20% win rate and just hoping my team could carry me. It made playing normals not fun at all. I'm happy that this will bring my skill level back to where it is supposed to be and hopefully I can at least 50% now.
But that is the point, you SHOULD have to test yourself against more experienced players in order to earn your ELO.

I'm concerned this system will artificially inflate low-win players ELO and penalize that of high-win players.

Yordle Swordler

01-18-2013

We want a language check box for teamates pls

Fate000

01-18-2013

What happens in Co-op vs. AI matches? Does it still work as it did?

razorlight

01-18-2013

Sometimes a person can have a lot of wins but not neccesary be good, my brother plays all day and he have like 700 win games, but he have lost like 1000 games; so the system should seek for W/L ratio instead of only win games to be effective...i could be formulate like = (W/L Ratio)(#total Games)=Total games point score in this way in the example of my broter who has 700w,1000L, his total score will be =1190, i have 500w,250L=1500 pts cuz im better than him but with less time to play LoL, somebody who has just turn lv30 with 150W, and lets say just 50L, have a great W/L ratio but the amount of played games put him in a lower bracket because its not the same to win 700 to just 150, so he score a Total of 600 pts., and that Factor can be matched to other ppl.

Lína Inverse

01-18-2013

revert please and thankyou

Darkvolcan

01-18-2013

The past few games I've played have been absolute pubstomps.
The ones we lost were because of AFKers (been getting those a ton more than before), but even with an AFKer, we still stood a chance

Jamvert

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat of the Land View Post
But that is the point, you SHOULD have to test yourself against more experienced players in order to earn your ELO.

I'm concerned this system will artificially inflate low-win players ELO and penalize that of high-win players.
This.

Also, at some point, sooner or later, you are going to have to get put into the pool with the more experienced players. You can either get put with them right away and throw your first few 1200 elo ranked games for the other team, or you can stomp other new players for 100 games, get to 1500 elo, then start getting put with experienced, 1500 Elo, players and throw a large number of games for them. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the new system, but it certainly doesn't SEEM great to me.

Jimmie Rustled

01-18-2013

good, that means no more playing against 1700 elo smurfs

Voidgolem

01-18-2013

it already takes me forty minutes to get a game started because PEOPLE KEEP DODGING AND HITTING THE DECLINE BUTTON

arghbablesahge.

*froth*