Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GangBangerX

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Yet another fail match making.
Matching me with a lv5, lv18 and two really bad lv30. check my history!
They are raging on me when they are feeding so bad..
I don't you how guys does it, riot. But this new change is ****!

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-22-2013
38 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
Does ranked Elo factor into normal queues yet? I think I read something about it being looked into some time ago. If so, how is that handled with the Elo resets between seasons?
Not yet, Yegg is the designer on that feature.

X3 l Mega

01-22-2013

The Que are so long, any improvement that the Que will be shorter? went from 10-30sec Que to 3-5minutes.

Method512

01-22-2013

I'm trying to play a quick dominion now (2 am) and before I got 10 to 30 seconds queue time..now I'm waiting for over 5 minutes (it said approx 1:40)... It shouldn't have such a long queue time for non-ranked games.

Hemp Plants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

hooray

CAPS LOCK KILLA

01-22-2013

I'd just like to say that I haven't had a single good game since these "changes."
I've had countless games where I did more than well enough to win, but my team mates made victory impossible. Thanks for all the stress, thanks for all the frustration, thanks a lot. I'm trying to be open minded and agree with everyone and their great logic of "it happens dude" but I'm ****ing sick of this. I'm sick of improving my play to just get defeated so ****ing consistently. all of my ****ing hate.

molla18jogga

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroQuay View Post
Does the new matchmaking system also take loses into consideration? .
that's taken into consideration because losing makes u lose elo.. if u have a lot of losses u will have a lower elo

Regulas

01-22-2013

The biggest problem I see with this change is ranked and normal queues being completely separate for number of wins on the same map. It makes it worse for experienced players starting out with Ranked.

If someone who had 2K Wins in normals could get placed with someone with only 100 games played ever simply because they both have only 10 ranked wins.

Yes Elo will mitigate this somewhat, but this system will still result in the veteran getting comparatively worse teams then he would have prior. As I was looking at getting into ranked soon it's just discouraging that I am now even more likly then ever to get bad teamates if I were to try and start ranked.

TrustyForecaster

01-22-2013

Recently me and my friend who is 1000+ wins, and myself 800+ have been facing players under level 30. Sometimes more than one or some level 30s with still less than 150 wins. These games tend to feel like playing bots and has really made the game less fun. And it really doesn't make me feel good to win against people who have such little experience. And yes I have gotten the other side that a lot of people have complained about, getting paired with lower level players while facing multiple 1000+ win players. I just thought I'd point out that while maybe my win ratio hasn't changed much, the fun factor has, feeling like I can't do anything to win, or feeling like I don't even have to try are both very unsatisfying.

simpsonboy77

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Three, if we define a lopsided game as games with a huge KDA differential or something like 10,000 gold difference, we're not seeing more or less of these games post-patch. It might just be that players who are getting the lopsided matches come and post about it, and the players who are getting fair matches don't.
I don't think this is a good description of a lopsided game. If it is a stomp early game and one team surrenders at 22 or before, it won't show up except for a huge KDA differential. I think an average length of game would be a good indicator, or perhaps a percentage of games which did not end in a surrender. If one team feels it is lopsided, chances are they would have surrendered.

TLR % surrendered and average length of game may be goods indicators of lopsided matches.