Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
could you not just give us a tool which would let indiwidial player choose how much longer he is willing to wait to get same exoerienced players?
kekekek i'd wait 20 minutes more to not get placed with some of the people old mtchmkg has placed with me

Nicodemous

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCode View Post
@Lyte
@RiotKiddington
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33761932

and see image related.

Can you please revert the changes? this is the new breed of players I'm being paired with, I havent seen this kind of demeanor in a very long time and I certainly do not want to see it, the player quality as a whole (skill, demeanor) is abysmal now.
Meh, in your second post you have more of a point... in this one you are kind of a jerk... Plus they may have just decided the didn't want to game with you and threatened to feed to try and force a dodge hoping you'd not be on their team in the next queue...

Nicodemous

01-22-2013

I am curious Lyte or RiotKiddington... what has your collected data said about the actual balance of matches since the changes? I've posted several times how matches do not feel as balanced as they did before (and there were not balanced then, just closer to it). Are you getting data that agrees with this, disagrees with this... Is my experience unique or psychosomatic?

Nicodemous

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingedmosquito View Post
Sounds to me it is you that is the main problem in both the pictures you have posted... If someone wants to play a position and lets you know before you have decided then why don't you show some sportsman like qualities you are asking in return and allow them to play the position? You seem to be the one trolling someone who calls mid.
They say mid or feed, he thinks mid or dodge and considers them the bigger problem when they are equally problematic...

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedoffBuddha View Post
I have to disagree with most people. I feel this change isn't fair. I worked hard in normals to get higher in normal elo. I was only 1300 in ranked but my normal was up at around 1575. I was finally playing with tough opponents and food teammates. These people had 2K wins and I only have 370, but I have so few loses that I was up there. Now I am back playing with really bad teams and its not fun. Don't matchmake people based on how many hours they play, that doesn't mean they are good. Match people based on skill.
I am hardly a masterful player, but I find myself playing with more trolls and bad players since this change. It is very disappointing. I hope wins have a low weighting in the calculations as there are many previous Dota players that have come into this game.

JordiPrice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Hi Lyte,

I used to play on the NA server, I've got around 900 wins on that.
I moved over to the EUW server a few months ago,
I've got ~330 wins and 240 losses right now.

Because I've got the experience of the NA server taken to the EUW server,
I'm pretty good for my amount of wins on the EUW server.

In normals, I used to get matched up with mostly Gold, some Platinum, and sometimes even Diamond players. (On the EU server.)
Now with the new matchmaking, I get matched up with some silver players, and rarely gold.
Most of the players are way below my skill level.

Although I know skill level is taken into account with the matchmaking, I think it's not enough.
I've seen obvious difference in skill when I look at my teammates pre- 16th, and post- 16th.

I hope you take this feedback seriously, and I hope there are a lot more people that complain about this.
When I keep getting frustrated, I might play the game less because of the negative experience.
Also, keep in mind that, when I get frustrated by those players, there is a good possibility that I'm a toxic player in one of the games I play.

EDIT: Please bring back the old matchmaking. It was perfect, I came matched up with good players, it was challenging, balanced.
Now, it's like playing with bad people for me, either my team wins early game and snowballs, or the other team wins early game and snowballs.
It used to be fair, most of the time only small advantages in the laning phase, close games, dragon/baron fights deciding the winning team most of the time.
Most of my normal games used to look like games you see on high elo stream, just less skill, but in general it looked the same.
When I play now, it look likes you join ranked for the first time, 1200 elo people that don't understand the game, and only bash and flame to each other.
When the old matchmaking will be brought back the game will be so much more fun for me. I'm really sad. riotpls

Pan Malo

01-22-2013

What about implementing some type of vote/kick feature during matchmaking? I'm aware of the possible abuse that may come from it and longer queue times but it beats being forced to play with people who want to ruin the game for others.

CorruptDictator

01-22-2013

Since these changes I have definitely noticed that my matches are WAY more snowball for one team or the other than it was before. We constantly either get completely stomped on or shut down the other team so bad they surrender at 20 with almost now match ups that even feel close to being even.

Nicodemous

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Malo View Post
What about implementing some type of vote/kick feature during matchmaking? I'm aware of the possible abuse that may come from it and longer queue times but it beats being forced to play with people who want to ruin the game for others.
Too easy to abuse by going to Lolking and just kicking anyone under a 50% win rate...

DCode

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
Meh, in your second post you have more of a point...
Then you missed the point entirely :|

The point was that before matchmaking was changed, I would never, ever get that kind of players (ok to be realistic, I'd very rarely get those kind of players), champ select would go by with noone talking, no hiccups no squabbles.

Or it'd be something like this:

-Join champ select
"mid if possible"
someone else says "mid", I ask:
"mind if I mid?"

if Yes
Thanks

if No
Alright i'll fill in

I've won enough games to escape the kind of players that behave like the ones in my screenshot (or at least it was way way way more rare), so to get paired with people that quite frankly make me want to uninstall, try to understand my frustration, its dodge or lose the game, I think I've lost like 6 in a row today maybe more, there really is nothing you can do with these people, and when you do let them have it their way, they end up feeding/doing really bad. Try to put yourself in my shoes. This is very frustrating.