Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lulu is so Cute

01-22-2013

Simple question: Does this "skill level" you're talking about have to do with actual elo, or not?

I'm level 28, and this change concerns me because usually those who have as few wins as I do aren't the greatest. Have you thought about making it so that instead of just wins, it could be something similar to wins/losses, as well as total IP accrued?

I ask this because...before this when I solo qued I began to get people who actually were...good at multiple roles, but now due to my wins (I think), I'm getting paired with players with less skill than I.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

got another duo que of "we top and mid or we report/feed" with this new matchmaking

I didnt even bother to screen shot it, it happens every game might aswell start playing the games and losing them, dodging isnt worth it, reporting is useless because appaently according to Lyte only people that go 0/30 are "legit intentionally feeding", rest is pardoned, and lobby chat isnt shown on report so its basically useless.

You know, LoL wasnt so incredibly bad back in 2009 when there was no dodge penalty and no tribunal, you managed to make the game worse under the false banner of making it better.

Splinterheart

01-22-2013

I've noticed at most a thirty second increase in queue time, but the results have been fantastic - The players on my team and against me are much better and much more organised too (I'm relatively decent at the game). I'm personally really happy with the new system.
(This is from an EUW perspective)

Suke

01-22-2013

im sorry but i have to rant. Ive lost almost every single game today and yesterday and the one before almost every SINGLE one. I KEEP getting AFKs, bad players and I'm against really great teams. now if youre saying im losing because im bad, im not. and even if i really was terrible wouldnt that mean i would be matched with better players to carry me?
the match making is bulls**t, pardon my french. and if you think that's vulgar im sorry and im doing my absolute best not to say anything else right now because im really angry. so you should feel so LUCKY that im not.

Hingedmosquito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCode View Post
@Lyte
@RiotKiddington

I have issues with the new matchmaking, I'll be brief and just link a thread, with a quick quote:
"To clarify, this kind of childish, ridiculous (beyond the point of being at all humorous) behaviour was something forgotten to me, compared to this my pre patch teammates were all of diamond skill and angelic demeanor."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33659104Thanks for your time.
Sounds to me it is you that is the main problem in both the pictures you have posted... If someone wants to play a position and lets you know before you have decided then why don't you show some sportsman like qualities you are asking in return and allow them to play the position? You seem to be the one trolling someone who calls mid.

xenrail

01-22-2013

queues are way too long and it's annoying. i want to play normals because i want to get into a game fast not wait long queues like ranked.

DCode

01-22-2013

@Lyte
@RiotKiddington
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3020294&page=2

Glacier Pegasus

01-22-2013

I find the queues to take the same amount of time as they used to be, not having any problems with finding opponents.

Ziramond

01-22-2013

Honestly, I like the idea that they are at least putting in effort into changing the matchmaking system. I never even noticed this change over the past couple of days. However, i don't believe that there is a way to correctly judge someones skill based on ELO that is generated from completely random 5v5 games or based on total number of wins. I really think the only way to really fix the matchmaking system is to adapt the ELO system to take into account your in-game actions. This really only needs to be done to Solo/Duo queue as the ELO system works just fine for a team of 5 players who play together consistently. It just doesn't seem to work as well for solo/duo queue where you get matched with a different group of 5 people almost every single time. If you were to take into account the in-game actions of players as well as wins and loses, you would see that, over time, players who do well consistently in games would have a higher ELO rating than those who do poorly in most games or even those people that have an AWESOME game here and there. Consistency is the key playing well, and regardless of how well you are doing, you are only 20% of your teams equation, so why should you be punished 100% the same as your teammates that did poorly and you lost?

Rathadin

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
It really come down to if the system can find people within your elo range and also within your # of win range. if after a time limit the system can't find a perfect match, it will have no choice but to increase the search range. That's why you are still getting some people with hundreds of wins over you.

Lyte and I want to know is this, the longer the queue time the better "match result" you will get, but it comes with a cost (of time). Is the current 30 seconds increase in queue time worth the benefit of matchmaking with additional consideration of # of wins?
I would spend five minutes in queue if I could get grouped with people around my same number of wins / Elo consistently.