Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-21-2013
34 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auir View Post
wait so ... if we are in a low elo will we be paired up with low eloed people? ....
Yes.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-21-2013
35 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
My last game in a group of 4 took over 5 minutes to queue. We're not particularly high elo, but we had a range of elos and wins.
We've been collecting the data and will be making a few tweaks to increase queue speed in the next patch. We'll also be loosening up the Number of Wins feature so that skill ratings are even more prioritized again.

DCode

01-21-2013

@Lyte
@RiotKiddington
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33761932

and see image related.

Can you please revert the changes? this is the new breed of players I'm being paired with, I havent seen this kind of demeanor in a very long time and I certainly do not want to see it, the player quality as a whole (skill, demeanor) is abysmal now.

Pure Phoènix

01-21-2013

skill rating should be top priority every time. The game should get more challenging as you increase in rating, not a bigger CHANCE at meeting a decent opponent.

Seriously what is with Riot's trend of matching people 60% win/loss or higher with mouth breathing *******, known trolls and known leavers? It's insulting.

There are plenty of decent 1200+ ELO Normals-rated players out there so why don't 10 of those ever end up in a game?

Answer; Because riot are too lazy to fix MM.

All MM changes over the last 2 years have been trash and that won't change until you stop gonig by AVERAGE team elo and implement a MAXIMUM variance.

HolyHand6renade

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We've been collecting the data and will be making a few tweaks to increase queue speed in the next patch. We'll also be loosening up the Number of Wins feature so that skill ratings are even more prioritized again.
May I ask why you don't adopt a more "If its not broken don't fix it" mentality? And why are you making changes if you have no idea if it will improve the player's experience? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these arbitrary changes.

Fatty Sausagegut

01-21-2013

Currently at 18:29, old time was 0:45 or so.

3 queue restarts, third one got me in around 1:30... Am I just not understanding how the queue works, or is this normal? Genuine curiousity, no ill intents.

Panda Liu

Henry Plainview

01-21-2013

I've liked the matchmaking change

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
PLEASE man , dont do that, if anything make sure it actioly matches us with people who have similar experience !

LYTE could you not just give us a tool which would let indiwidial player choose how much longer he is willing to wait to get same exoerienced players?

Please man im so tired of new players at 1200-1300 elo players and 1 win smurfs.
let me play with people wh oactioly belong here and care about wining, rather than trolling smurfs and newbies on their way to 900 elo !

DCode

01-22-2013

Up.
@Lyte
@RiotKiddington

This is the new breed of players your "new" matchmaking system is currently pairing me with.