Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-21-2013
33 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minecraftman613 View Post
I do not think this is a good idea main reason cause yeh someone can 100 wins and just got them today but someone who stop playing for 3,4,5 month could have 100 wins and come back not knowing anything about the game and get into the game with them..
We have elo decay system to address this concern.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I see a lot of negative but guys you should really give the tweeks time to normalize before jumping on the its bad bandwagon.

molla18jogga

01-21-2013

This is great, and it was definitely a change that was very needed.
With the current Elo system, players that have won a few games early are given a much higher elo, and I think this creates a temporary misplacement of players. Someone that is 5/5 having a higher elo than someone that is 100/90 does not make sense in my opinion.. (this does happen at lower elo depending on whether u won the first few games or not) and this new matchmaking system definitely counteracts that to a certain degree..
perhaps if this causes a problem with smurfs, then implementing this system only among lower elos ( perhaps below 1500) may also be a solution.. if ur at an elo higher than that, i think chances are much higher that u deserve to be up there..
anyway, i think this is a great change, and it will help a lot of good players who are stuck in elo hell. Thank you riot

Pure Phoènix

01-21-2013

It's trash. I've been matched with nothing but trolls since the MM change, gotten so angry i got banned for raging.

Then the last 4 days i STILL haven't won a single game OR had a single game without people INTENTIONALLY trolling in it.

Fix it now. Games are meant to be enjoyed by default; They're in the entertainment category.
Raging 100% of my games since MM patch is NOT ENTERTAINING.

Pure Phoènix

HolyHand6renade

01-21-2013

Seriously, this new system is terrible. I feel like every team I am playing with is just straight up new. I have 700 normal wins and somewhere upwards of 400 ranked. Why am I being matched with people who seem like they just got done playing with bots?

DigitalKiDz

01-21-2013

how long 5v5 premade will take?

Panda Liu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

@Rioters:
If any of you could just take a glance at my thread, I will be so happy!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=33760462

Corran

01-21-2013

My last game in a group of 4 took over 5 minutes to queue. We're not particularly high elo, but we had a range of elos and wins.

PipeSky

01-21-2013

In rankeds this Matchmaking sucks...