Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireZ42

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
For example, some players choose to level up through Co-op vs AI games. Once they hit Level 30, they jump into Normals and get absolutely crushed by players who played Normals to hit Level 30. Because matchmaking now takes into account Number of Wins, these Co-op vs AI players will no longer start their journey into Normals against players with over 1000+ wins in Normals already.
Funny, I guess this is the response I would have gotten if I wasn't being ignored.

But you just edit in as to why I, being a high elo TT player with only 200 wins, was placed on a team with a lvl 27 and a lvl 30 who had no TT games played and leveled up using Co-Ops. Of course now you wouldn't be able to see all the bots game played in the Zyra's match history because its been a day. 9/10 bot games. The 1 normal being an insta feeding 0/10 loss.

50West

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamhoppy View Post
Ahhh yet another bs reponse from the ppl that dont give a care about the game. Unless your in 1800 elo land. You see ppl with zero wins ranked at 1500under. So simple putting it for you. You sit on the forums and talk trash. FYI it says to give feedback not crit. about other ppl post. Iam going to play LOL.
Don't give a care about the game? That must be why I browse the forums and bother to create a response to a legimitate problem? Just like you, right? You must not care about the game either. Glad we're on the same page.

Quote:
You see ppl with zero wins ranked at 1500under.
How do you reckon someone with 0 wins could be ranked above 1500, exactly?

FireZ42

01-21-2013

Working as intended. How dare you question Lyte? Now you will be ignored. IGNORED I SAY.

Holck

01-21-2013

hi lol community, i play lol since 2 years, and im tired for have to wait 30:00 or 1 hour just by trolls on queue, so i have an idea. (IN RANKED GAME)

RIOT should do a button (IN RANKED ONLY), can be placed perfectly in the same place where is the button.. leave.. on personalized match

the button should work like this, every time some player get mad, troll or he just gotta go, the team should hit the button, it's like surrender. if the mayority of the team is agreed with that, the game should end the queue immediately, without the penalization for leave the queue

Many times i see the whole team is disagreed with some players.(OR TROLLS) and all ask desperately for a dodge. so this button can be really useful

PLS, THINK ABOUT IT, AND I CALL ALL THE LOL PLAYERS, PLS SPAM THIS MSG IF YOU WANT A SOLUTION (sorry by the english, im taco queso)

GKET

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I have no idea how that supposed to work but when you have over 5k game (like me), you have to wait more than 2-4 min for finding any solo/normal/random match (and pray for no dodge). Even so, most opponents/teammates are usually like 400-700 wins "only" and one or two of them are 1k+ (an still some rare cases of ppl below level 30).
So now is truly like: more wins you have, then longer you have to wait (compered to my friends - its usually 1-3 min more, but sometimes even 10 min and more) but still, you are playing with/against players from not your "level" range.
Personally, im against this kind of matchmaking, because: numbers of win does not determine the skill level (in both sides) and waiting over 10-15 min (ppl are dodging often) for match (which would not be balanced anyway) is just ****ing frustrating.

Kirballs1

01-21-2013

This explains why my normal games feel more competitive lately!Thanks!

Twytch

01-21-2013

Ranked matchmaking seems to have improved around the 1200 level.

This would make sense since you have players at that level that deserve to be at that level, but you also have people still establishing their proper rating.

TL Frolo

01-21-2013

win count means literally nothing more than the amount of time you put into the game unless it is balanced against the loss count as well

Dayrus1

01-21-2013

the server offline ?