Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opachopp

01-20-2013

I'm loving the matchmaking change! I guess it's because have over 1k games but since you posted this I haven't got any trolls or leavers thanks riot!

Verliswolf

01-20-2013

I do not like it with the ranked system. since the amount of ranked wins reset for the season, I am getting matched with players in their first few ranked games ever on my team though I participated and had a decent amount of wins in season 2. It always feels like the system is working against me.

Wully

01-20-2013

I am personally like it, keep it like this.

ehlo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Hepolite:
i'm not play LoL anymore. It's too frustrating now. Just lost a game with THE MOST NOOB TEAM!

During champ select they wanted to argue over pick order.
During champ select we get a Morde mid as second pick. Gets counter picked by a fourth pick on the enemy team.
Teams wants to argue that 4th Pick Kennen did not pick against Morde, he's going top because he was 4th pick, and second pick Zed will Mid because he was second pick.
Game starts: Kennen mid, Zed top.

I tell Morde to switch to top lane. Doesn't listen. They insist Morde counters Kennen, and proceeds to feed Kennen.

After Kennen is fed, Irelia and Morde switch lanes as I suggested, and Morde starts doing well against Zed. Of course, Jax is camping him top though, and he still dies.

Ashe that would stand perfectly still for Sivir's Q. (start to finish)
Ashe that would run in a straight line when Sivir would Q. (start to finish)
Ashe that kept her slow on so her mana drained off ultra quick.
Ashe that doesn't use ult to save my life, uses it to ks a kill she could have had legit had she not been camping behind our turret and assisted Olaf to begin with.
Ashe that will not leave the turret to kill a stunned Sivir with under 100hp just outside first bush.
Ashe that insisted on harassing Sivir and Kayle instead of farming, dies, then insist on farming instead of getting easy kills at appropriate times.

Olaf that dives into 1v3, several times.
Olaf that chases.
Olaf that doesn't assist the one person on the team that needs it the most, our Morde tha that kept getting camped by Jax jungle.

Can't really complain about Irelia's playing since I wasn't paying attention to her.

Team wanted to argue that matchmaking system isn't implemented, yet I get stuck with people that clearly do not know their champs, can't counter pick, do not know people do not always, 100% of the time, follow a pick order, and people that just plain cannot use common sense, or intelligent reasoning in ANY situation....

I'm done. I'm not playing till you remove the new system, or tweak it. I had to ignore ALL 4 team members.

It's ridiculous. I've had more than my fair share of troll games, but I have NEVER had so many consistent games of the dumbest, noobish, most unskilled people in the game. And I never call people noobs, or complain about unskilled people. EVER!

You say skill is involved in the match making system? I call B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T....

This.
x10

There is a much higher percentage of people saying this kind of stuff in this thread,
But it's being over looked and the closest comment made towards it is basically insulting, patronizing and condescending trying to imply we don't realize it is our "skill" that is matching us up with these people who know nothing about the game.
If that were our skill level, we'd not have a problem or even notice there was a problem, because we would just run around helplessly like the other players do in our team, and no one would be unhappy, or understand why they are losing.
Because in they're mind they don't know its wrong,
unless its intentionally troll/feeding.

Nicodemous

01-20-2013

Quote:
Weaksaux:
This.
x10

There is a much higher percentage of people saying this kind of stuff in this thread,
But it's being over looked and the closest comment made towards it is basically insulting, and condescending trying to imply it is our "skill" that is matching us up with these people who know nothing about the game.
If that were our skill level, we'd not have a problem or even notice there was a problem, because we would just run around helplessly like the other players do in our team, and no one would be unhappy, or understand why they are losing.
Because in they're mind they don't know its wrong,
unless its intentionally troll/feeding.

My personal experience is over all I am getting nicer players on my teams... sure there is still arguing and ragers and trolls and whatnot, but I've seen far fewer of them. HOWEVER, the actual game play, the matches themselves are far less balanced and fair then they were before. And to be honest, I liked it better when half my games seemed like a fair match rather than the very few that do now. It feels like in my games one team just dominates the other from the start.

FireZ42

01-20-2013

FIX YOUR **** l JUST HAD ANOTHER TT GAME WHERE I WAS PUT WITH A LVL 27 AND A LVL 30 WITH 0 TT WINS. I HAVE NEAR 200 TT WINS AND OVER 1000 NORMAL WINS. ONE OF THEM WENT 1/10 BY THE END AND I STARTED GOING NEGATIVE BECAUSE THE OTHER TEAM WAS FED.

I'VE NEVER SEEN THESE PEOPLE BEFORE MATCHMAKING BUT OOPS I GUESS ITS BEST TO FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN.

JadothBloodreign

01-20-2013

I haven't really seen much of a change. I'm still getting fed to gold ranked players, and/or players with 300+ more wins than me.

I have 86 normal wins.

ehlo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Nicodemous:
My personal experience is over all I am getting nicer players on my teams... sure there is still arguing and ragers and trolls and whatnot, but I've seen far fewer of them. HOWEVER, the actual game play, the matches themselves are far less balanced and fair then they were before. And to be honest, I liked it better when half my games seemed like a fair match rather than the very few that do now. It feels like in my games one team just dominates the other from the start.

Are you usually a part of the winning or losing team?

Because it's normally the raging, and trolling and lack of game knowledge that contribute greatly to the loss in my case, and usually enemy just dominate being fed continuously 3-4 players, resulting in the team being stomped in game, on the score board, and overall my wins/loses now.

I agree, I used to still have losing streaks sometimes and loss's, but it was an enjoyable and learning experience and very fair match ups/close calls,
Now my whole team is romper stomped 90% of the time and there is nothing I can do, if i make suggestions, it doesn't end well with ragers/trolls/feeders, report threats and threats to feed or ks or all kinds of stupidity

Nicodemous

01-20-2013

Quote:
Weaksaux:
Are you usually a part of the winning or losing team?

Because it's normally the raging, and trolling and lack of game knowledge that contribute greatly to the loss in my case, and usually enemy just dominate being fed continuously 3-4 players, resulting in the team being stomped in game, on the score board, and overall my wins/loses now.

I agree, I used to still have losing streaks sometimes and loss's, but it was an enjoyable and learning experience and very fair match ups/close calls,
Now my whole team is romper stomped and there is nothing I can do, if i make suggestions, it doesn't end well with ragers/trolls/feeders

That is roughly 50/50... though I do seem to be losing a bit more than normal. But what I am getting at is normally when I play average game is roughly 45 min and usually it feels like it is anyone's game right up until the last few min. Now, I am lucky if my games last 35 min and it is usually pretty obvious who will win within the first 10 or 15.

Kryptonian Angel

01-20-2013

Thumbs up!