Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
How long were you in queue? The feature doesn't make it impossible to match against teams with big win differences, it just makes it rarer. If you sit in queue for over a minute, the matchmaker just starts widening every parameter.
I was about to put that in but I couldn't exactly remember, but i'm keen it was short under a minute.

also, like my other post, wouldn't it be more fair to base matchmaking off players win/loss ratio?

InvertPanda

01-20-2013

Aaannddd Riot refuse to undo their mistakes so they'll just ignore everyone with an issue because that's what they do! Seriously Riot... I think that 30%+ have had their normal game experience ruined by this update and you refuse to undo it when all it has done is increase queue times and put you with more 'toxic' players.

ehlo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCrazyBarksXx View Post
I was about to put that in but I couldn't exactly remember, but i'm keen it was short under a minute.

also, like my other post, wouldn't it be more fair to base matchmaking off players win/loss ratio?
Maybe.
But a win/loss radio basis for matchmaking would now, after this system not represent a lot of peoples true skill since the new matchmaking system recently, has stuck a lot of people with bad teams/players continuously, resulting in ruining win/loss and match K/D/A
It's hard for one person to carry four people who aren't actually doing anything, and win, even if that one person is very very good, or the best. Because your up against a whole team who is playing correctly, while your team twiddles they're thumbs.
But to the "score/skill" in writing, it will look like you are not a very good player at all, and keep being dragged down matched with worse and worse players on your team, because the system is placing you lower and lower in the skill level.

@Riot
All it takes is to get into a couple of these games with these types of players, and it seems you cannot escape it.
Maybe every 10 games or so you'll get a chance; Get one decent match with decent players and win. But then next game after be placed with in a "toxic" team again, but pitched against the same level of skill as your last match and expected to win to move back up in "skill levels"(??)
which you obviously won't win with those "toxic" type players on your team who will literally do nothing all match, except make you lose in every possible way.

I am in no way the ultimate pro at LoL and i'm not claiming to be,
But these people give the term "bad players" a whole new meaning.
It's literally hard to even play the game now.

What is this madness??
v__v

SoundCloud

01-20-2013

Thank god.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I think a lot of players missed the part where skill rating is still used in the matchmaker and is prioritized.

Also, after any change to the matchmaker... a % of players are going to go on losing streaks. A % of players are going to go on winning streaks. We have to collect more aggregate data to be sure how matchmaking is affecting games for the average player.

Even if we did nothing to the matchmaker, some players would be saying it broke from the patch because they went on a 5-game losing streak--but with a massive playerbase and a system like matchmaking, some players are bound to see events like this just due to statistical probabilities.
Yes, now i feel vindicated for those loses

It was DEFINITELY matchmaking fault :P

IamChow

01-20-2013

@Lyte, if you look at my match history, i played with a level 20 with 8 wins, everyone else was level 30 and had well over 300 wins. what happened here?

NXVCTM

01-20-2013

I agree the match making isn't 100% accurate and Lyte did clarify this several times, the longer the queue time, the wider every parameter becomes and therefore you get match with summoners who have more wins than you.

I mostly play normal blind pick and I do like the new match making system. I levelled up to 30 by playing Co-op Al, and for the passed few days I've been matched with summoners who are at the same skill level as me, even though I've been losing more than I've been winning I enjoy every game now.

The match maker improvement is really great Lyte 10/10 from me ^_^

RainRandell

01-20-2013

How do you determinate skill rating?

Nicodemous

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainRandell View Post
How do you determinate skill rating?
You have an elo rating for normal games just like ranked game (the two are separate and different)... only difference is the normal elo is hidden, and soon so will the ranked one...

Hepolite

01-20-2013

i'm not play LoL anymore. It's too frustrating now. Just lost a game with THE MOST NOOB TEAM!

During champ select they wanted to argue over pick order.
During champ select we get a Morde mid as second pick. Gets counter picked by a fourth pick on the enemy team.
Teams wants to argue that 4th Pick Kennen did not pick against Morde, he's going top because he was 4th pick, and second pick Zed will Mid because he was second pick.
Game starts: Kennen mid, Zed top.

I tell Morde to switch to top lane. Doesn't listen. They insist Morde counters Kennen, and proceeds to feed Kennen.

After Kennen is fed, Irelia and Morde switch lanes as I suggested, and Morde starts doing well against Zed. Of course, Jax is camping him top though, and he still dies.

Ashe that would stand perfectly still for Sivir's Q. (start to finish)
Ashe that would run in a straight line when Sivir would Q. (start to finish)
Ashe that kept her slow on so her mana drained off ultra quick.
Ashe that doesn't use ult to save my life, uses it to ks a kill she could have had legit had she not been camping behind our turret and assisted Olaf to begin with.
Ashe that will not leave the turret to kill a stunned Sivir with under 100hp just outside first bush.
Ashe that insisted on harassing Sivir and Kayle instead of farming, dies, then insist on farming instead of getting easy kills at appropriate times.

Olaf that dives into 1v3, several times.
Olaf that chases.
Olaf that doesn't assist the one person on the team that needs it the most, our Morde tha that kept getting camped by Jax jungle.

Can't really complain about Irelia's playing since I wasn't paying attention to her.

Team wanted to argue that matchmaking system isn't implemented, yet I get stuck with people that clearly do not know their champs, can't counter pick, do not know people do not always, 100% of the time, follow a pick order, and people that just plain cannot use common sense, or intelligent reasoning in ANY situation....

I'm done. I'm not playing till you remove the new system, or tweak it. I had to ignore ALL 4 team members.

It's ridiculous. I've had more than my fair share of troll games, but I have NEVER had so many consistent games of the dumbest, noobish, most unskilled people in the game. And I never call people noobs, or complain about unskilled people. EVER!

You say skill is involved in the match making system? I call B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T....