Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicodemous

01-20-2013

Well now that I have given it a bit of time I have to say it doesn't feel like matches are any more balanced than they were before, it just now takes an annoyingly long time to get into game...

BloodOfTiger

01-20-2013

gonna be the 3rd day in a row i have get trolls in EVERY team, they leave, they intentionally feed, before was normal once a day but now IN EVERY GAME. Give me back my time plz havent been funny play with this kind of ppl....

inQuest

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOfTiger View Post
gonna be the 3rd day in a row i have get trolls in EVERY team, they leave, they intentionally feed, before was normal once a day but now IN EVERY GAME. Give me back my time plz havent been funny play with this kind of ppl....
Before this change rarely i had problems with my team about roles. Now, is stressful to read as they fight for a role. Many weird champion lanes on the teams. The only solution at moment is get more ELO; but i don't want to play Ranked with new system. I'm trapped in a vicious circle.

ehlo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I think a lot of players missed the part where skill rating is still used in the matchmaker and is prioritized.

Also, after any change to the matchmaker... a % of players are going to go on losing streaks. A % of players are going to go on winning streaks. We have to collect more aggregate data to be sure how matchmaking is affecting games for the average player.

Even if we did nothing to the matchmaker, some players would be saying it broke from the patch because they went on a 5-game losing streak--but with a massive playerbase and a system like matchmaking, some players are bound to see events like this just due to statistical probabilities.
Its not like I hadn't been on a short losing streak before, but the whole environment and types of people I am playing with have changed, not just a "score"/skill level.
Even if I were on a losing streak previously,
I still had fun, and talked to the team, and enjoyed my time, and they knew what to do to TRY to win.

It is not the same.
EDIT:Maybe I am being match to people in my "score/skill level" but they do not actually know or use any information or strategy that is going to help them progress at all, and yet I do.
How can we really be the same "Skill" level if they do not know of anything of what me or any half decent player in the team (once and awhile) is talking about?

And ignoring the problem isn't the best thing to do.
Kthx

Gizmo Era

01-20-2013

I'm still on a fantastic "losing streak," it's not probability

I'm still being matched with silver/gold players in normal when my ranked elo was around 1000. I have literally lost the past 30 matches. Even if the match was won, it's because someone carried me; I have lost almost every lane. This is not fun. Please change the matching back to whatever the hell it was before.

Every match I'm a feeding, game-throwing, f***ing-uninstall-the-game troll. I have heard this the almost every match. I'm not being matched with the proper ranking.

PLEASE FIX.

I don't understand why normal has to rank people behind the scenes... isn't that why people play ranked?

I still have not been in a match where the teams felt even since this change, where they both had a roughly equal chance to win. Every time it's easy to see by the 10 minute mark which team is going to win.

Stokyo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaksaux View Post
Its not like I hadn't been on a short losing streak before, but the whole environment and types of people I am playing with have changed, not just a "score"/skill level.
I still had fun, and talked to the team, and enjoyed my time, and they knew what to do to TRY to win.

It is not the same.

Kthx
This. The problem with the new system is that you are more likely to be matched with someone that has relatively the same number of wins, but much more losses. I know Lyte keeps saying hidden Elo is still factored in, but it now factors in something that is forcing you to play with someone with the same number of wins as you, even if you deserve to be matched with better players regardless of win numbers. The probability of being grouped with bad players is much highers now if you dont have a lot of wins. Please revert.

Stokyo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaksaux View Post

It is not the same.

Kthx
This. The problem with the new system is that you are more likely to be matched with someone that has relatively the same number of wins, but much more losses. I know Lyte keeps saying hidden Elo is still factored in, but it now factors in something that is forcing you to play with someone with the same number of wins as you, even if you deserve to be matched with better players regardless of win numbers. The probability of being grouped with bad players is much higher now if you dont have a lot of wins. Please revert.

ehlo

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokyo View Post
This. The problem with the new system is that you are more likely to be matched with someone that has relatively the same number of wins, but much more losses. I know Lyte keeps saying hidden Elo is still factored in, but it now factors in something that is forcing you to play with someone with the same number of wins as you, even if you deserve to be matched with better players regardless of win numbers. The probability of being grouped with bad players is much higher now if you dont have a lot of wins. Please revert.
They'll ignore this, wait til topic shifts slightly, and reply to other questions/statements instead.

Honestly I'm getting unhappy being literally ignored.

Joxer

01-20-2013

only play normals mostly 4-5man premades, have 1400ish wins atm, queuing with people with similar wins (800->1600). played 5 or so games yesterday and over all the games have gotten much easier.

previously we would get matched vs diamond/high plat players frequently (which usually had a lower number of normal wins for the most part, 200-500ish), last night mostly matched vs high gold/low plat. with more similar games played. saw an abnormal ammount of ghost/clarity though...in multiple games.

Odin OneHorn

01-20-2013

here's the short

pre-matchmaking changes my form sheet read

WWWWWLWW

post matchmaking changes my form sheet reads

LLLL

I understand that this may just be me, and other summoners may be LOVING the new changes but hear me out.

It's not just the losing, i don't mind that. its the quality of player that i'm being lumped with now. I have a low win number because i am a casual player. I am not a BAD player and i am not a TOXIC player. however I am now being lumped with both of the aforementioned after the matchmaking changes have taken place.

If I am in the minority here, and riot can not do anything to help me then I just wont solo q anymore. because I dont think my brain can handle the perpetual disintegration that comes with having to deal with the other summoners in my "win bracket"

I guess the other reason that this heavily affects me is because i mainly solo q. and unlike a lot of people i have never had tremendous issues with it. I do now.

edit: I know that riot needs to collect more data in order to make a decision on whether this new matchmaking thing works. and i can appreciate the idea of statistical anomalies ie, my lose streak would have happened regardless. but I just wanted to stress that I am a casual player. so I personally don't build a large string of games very fast. my first 5 games after the patch hit took a week to get in. that's a week worth of **** games.

also just to re-stress, its not the losing it's the noticeable drop in quality of player. I don't mind losing. I do mind being matched with morons.