Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffenSeven

01-20-2013

Change it back. It's horrible.

IamChow

01-20-2013

now to get an oceanic server

Nerbert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I've lost every ranked game I've played since this change went into place. I've also noticed a dramatic change in the quality of player and champion selections. Basically this change only increases the random nature of placement matches, punishes supports even more than they already were, and further increases the 1v9 mentality that makes solo queue such an awful playing environment.

chinmi

01-20-2013

sorry, so is this mean, if we have a high win rate, there's a huge probability that we will enter the matchmaking with a high win rate teammate too ?? which is wow nice one... a huge probability to win again...

and

if we have a low win rate, there's a huge probability that we will enter the matchmaking with a low win rate teammate too ?? which is kinda suck... a huge probability to lose again...

if it's so, then can't wait to see a high win rate team -vs- a low win rate team... lol....

psychoillusion

01-20-2013

one thing ive noticed since the change is that when i queue with my friends who have less then 200 wins where i have 900 the skill lvl of the players we end up facing is really low.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I just played a game and I looked at everyone's wins because lately I realized that games haven't been so equal.
My team's average had 100 more wins then theirs and I had the most wins in the entire match, almost 100 more.
I got a picture below of all the wins each person had.
I wouldn't really call this fair for the other team.

and can anyone explain why the picture is darker then the game's?

Seany

01-20-2013

Thank god.. i have like 170 normal wins and got placed against like two or three people with 1000+ yesterday

chinmi

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCrazyBarksXx View Post
I just played a game and I looked at everyone's wins because lately I realized that games haven't been so equal.
My team's average had 100 more wins then theirs and I had the most wins in the entire match, almost 100 more.
I got a picture below of all the wins each person had.
I wouldn't really call this fair for the other team.

and can anyone explain why the picture is darker then the game's?
exactly what just what i thought too...

high win get placed with high win teammates, and low win get placed with low win teammates...

when they face each other in high win team vs low win team... the probability for high win teams to win is higher because the opposition is a low win team which have a lower win chance....

it's like putting a high skilled player team -vs- low skilled player team...

LightEntite

01-20-2013

I cannot tell whether or not this change has anything to do with it

but for like, the last 3 days i've been on the most ridiculous losing spree. Game after game that starts with someone on the team calling someone else a noob within 3 minutes, or raging the whole match.

sounds normal, maybe just a bad day. But im just sayin.

Saffring

01-20-2013

I think the problem is that number of wins does not equal skill or knowledge thresholds. Like at 100 wins you should at least know what last hitting, pushing, focusing the adc, and diving is. At 250 you should know zoning, counter jingling, disengaging, and recognizing snowball champs.

I'm finding my matches to be incredibly frustrating. Feeding is rampant, no one knows to kill the adc, I win my lane and team fights go to complete mush as does my score.

People just don't understand how mathematical and complex this game is.