Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mïkêy

01-20-2013

What if a person has say 1k bot game wins, and then 50 normal wins and is level 30. If they go up against someone else who is level 30 with no bot games, 50 normal wins and a bunch of losses, won't it be extremely uneven?

People act like playing a bot game doesn't matter, but I do have some friends who play bot games to get great mechanics. They could potentially trounce other players

NiGhtMaRiK

01-20-2013

Less Noobs To Drag Me Down???? Thank you! Very much appreciate this

Takato67

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I've had terrible luck in getting matched with teammates who have the capacity to play this game correctly =/

SpatenMiinchen

01-20-2013

For those of us who only play normal games is there any way we can know what our skill rating is? I would be curious to be honest. I do like the new changed because I only have 250 wins or so and was being match with and against 1k win plus players who were fairly adept and countering me while I understood little about their champion. They were also fairly opinionated and not very fun to play with, since I'm still learning all the champions and different build for myself.

ArbatrazSquizz

01-20-2013

Just going to point this out: the players on my team have been CONSIDERABLY worse since this update went live. I am getting MANY MORE players that have little to no experience at level 30 in ranked on my teams.

I've gone on two losing streaks back-to-back (both streaks broken by 1 win) since the matchmaking changes went live, yet my stats are better than ever. It's literally just a function of my teammates all teh sudden not knowing how to ****ing stand in a ****ing team fight and how to hit a mother****ing ADC.

Antholagnia

01-20-2013

I finished my first game since the patch. I have over 1,000 wins in normal games, and I got matched with a level 28 ADC. This is so annoying.

Runethor

01-20-2013

i want a match making system of those who play, 1000, or 500 will do, wins or total, and while im at it, ban those from ranked that havent played 500 games?!

Cläptrap

01-20-2013

2:12 seconds to find a normal SR, 3:25 to find a dominion, yea this system is silly

Runethor

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
In the latest game update, we rolled out a second beta test of a new matchmaking change that is live in all territories. This change will increase your average queue time by about 30 seconds, but we hope the benefits are worthwhile.

--

The matchmaker will now take into account the Number of Wins a player has in every matchmade queue (Normal SR, Normal TT, Ranked Solo/Duo, etc).

This means that for the first few minutes, the matchmaker will attempt to find teammates and opponents that have a relatively similar Number of Wins as you in addition to trying to find teammates and opponents that also have a similar skill rating. However, this does not mean it's impossible to get matched into a game with a large difference in Number of Wins--it's just more rare.

We need your help! Please give us feedback on the changes.

PS - RiotKiddington was the dev that did most of the work.
we need game match make

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Lyte, Important Question
My friend may have the same wins as me, but he has 70 more losses.
Does the system go off win/loss ratios? Just because someone has the same wins as me doesn't mean they are similar skilled.