Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melds

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspitter View Post
2 weeks?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-they just announced the change not yet 24 hours ago duuuuuuuuude.....

EDIT: even if it was stealth done 3 days ago, doesnt explain your woes man.

If i'm not mistaken they had been testing it on the NA servers quietly, so he's probably right.

OddishxD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Perhaps I don't understand this system fully (then again from some of the responses in this thread some people agree), but I'm not quite sure if it has helped at all. I mean, skill is fairly subjective in this game, and just because someone has more wins does not necessarily mean that the person is, for lack of a better term, "more skilled." For example, I just played a game in which someone with 200~ wins, played better consistently throughout the game, than the person with 700~ wins.

What I am understanding is that you've made it take longer to find a match, in order to give us the same results we would get if we did not have this new matchmaking system. Personally, I have not noticed or seen much of a difference, aside from the longer queue.

MatuMatuMatu

01-19-2013

Thank you Riot! I was at the lowest possible elo before this change. Now I win almost every game.

ehlo

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddishxD View Post
Perhaps I don't understand this system fully (then again from some of the responses in this thread some people agree), but I'm not quite sure if it has helped at all. I mean, skill is fairly subjective in this game, and just because someone has more wins does not necessarily mean that the person is, for lack of a better term, "more skilled." For example, I just played a game in which someone with 200~ wins, played better consistently throughout the game, than the person with 700~ wins.

What I am understanding is that you've made it take longer to find a match, in order to give us the same results we would get if we did not have this new matchmaking system. Personally, I have not noticed or seen much of a difference, aside from the longer queue.

And quite frequently more often since; running into toxic players and whole teams that actually literally don't know how to play.

Spawnpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

This has been good and bad, it is matching me with players over 800 wins so no real scrubs but have found all games to easy. Getting to the stage of trolling. Admittedly although I have over 800 wins I have the same in losses, I spend a bit of time on every champ (own all bar 3) and the first 3 are most prob losses. This may be effecting my matching inversely even though those games taught me ranges weaknesses and counters that I take into my main games.

Anyway to increase the average I would prefer a little more challenges

CykloneNA

01-19-2013

I know Im not the only one who has had this problem, But before the pre-season patch my normal wins got resat back to 0 on my main account "HeavyRep" at EUW. I had 550+ but now im at 100 since the bug and support couldnt help me with my problem. The new matchmaking system will only be negative for me :/ this makes me even more sad..

best euro NA

01-19-2013

lulz matchmakin fail, a bunch of people in my game last night had 1k+ games and then there was a level 20 with 30 games.

Sharpyyy

01-19-2013

the new match making system is broken if it's supposed to balance out who you play with sure it's nice to play against people who have the same if not more wins but why is it when i solo que normal games i play people with similar wins to me or higher.
i've got 375 wins, i get paid against people with 400+ - 1000+
so that's nice but the people i get paired with to be on a team with have somewhat 80 wins been a case of 4 games in a row where people on my team haven't even had 200 wins and people on the other team have had 400 - 1000 wins, therefore you match making system is ****! i prefer versing better players, i just don't like being paired with below average players that you try and explain to them what should happen say for example laning phase is over group mid, play out the team fight then go get your buffs or push futher it seems common sense is lacking in atleast 90% of this community.

Drakojan

01-19-2013

Well, now I'm playing against people that are better than me :O.

Pregnant Rhino

01-19-2013

Lyte, the new matchmaker is making this very difficult for players under level 30. I have a lvl 20 account on EUW (I moved to Europe and Riot still doesn't allow NA->EU transfers) and as a good sub-30 player, I already had 6-7 minute queues. Now it's just ridiculous, I'm sitting staring at a 10+ minute queue at 5PM on a Saturday. Please make this MM change not affect sub level 30 players, the queue times were already bad enough...

Edit: 16:30 queue and still going.