Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XNoodleMuncher

01-18-2013

Yay kk

Malefic Vision

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladar7 View Post
Basically this change encourages people to make smurfs. Smurfs and new player will be matched together.
People who make smurfs only because they need wins are clearly bad anyway and will be weeded out eventually.

OnyxTempest

01-19-2013

So I haven't really browsed this whole post, but a friend and I just queued up and our ADC was level 24. Everyone else in the game was level 30 and a few had 1k wins. He had 100 and easily cost us the game because of his lack of experience/competitive runes. Any of these changes have anything to do with this? I've never had this happen before.

bzrk

01-19-2013

so your placement games will be even more terror now hue

Hellripper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Hopefully this will balance matchmaking. (?)

The Black Knght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

well I Keep getting matched with 100 200 wins players, it's ANNOYING they dont know how to play, and if I complain about it then, "it's just normal chill", and the best part is that the enemy team gets every player with even and more wins than me, is like the system says F***K u thats why!.

I dont play to lose, neither to play with unskilled players, match them with their similars dont match them with me, i'm not pro but i cant carry them all if they cant do anything for the team.... it's been 2 weeks since this annoying matchmaking.

Groxxy

01-19-2013

Please program some slack once you get past a certain large amount of wins, because I'm close to the 2000 win mark and my ques have gone from 10 seconds to up to 5 minutes consecutively

Maybe something where you have brackets of wins that grouped together that grow once you get past a marker. Like 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
In the latest game update, we rolled out a second beta test of a new matchmaking change that is live in all territories. This change will increase your average queue time by about 30 seconds, but we hope the benefits are worthwhile.

--

The matchmaker will now take into account the Number of Wins a player has in every matchmade queue (Normal SR, Normal TT, Ranked Solo/Duo, etc).

This means that for the first few minutes, the matchmaker will attempt to find teammates and opponents that have a relatively similar Number of Wins as you in addition to trying to find teammates and opponents that also have a similar skill rating. However, this does not mean it's impossible to get matched into a game with a large difference in Number of Wins--it's just more rare.

We need your help! Please give us feedback on the changes.

PS - RiotKiddington was the dev that did most of the work.

Frizalen

01-19-2013

This is really great change Lyte. While it's not perfect; when the matchmaking system does work, it works well.

JupitersKy

01-19-2013

So I have a question. I have a smurf with a high normal elo and 147 wins and I think 50 something loses. So what will happen in this situation? Is the elo part being thrown out and ill just face 150 win players?

DevilSmile22

01-19-2013

Not sure if this already exist or not.

3 man premades must play vs 3 man premades
4 man premades must play vs 4 man premades
5 man prmades must play vs 5 man premades.

You know how easy it is to make a win with 3+ man premades.