Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

COW CAPTAIN

01-18-2013

How does this affect players who's skill rating is very very high and average queue times of 10 minutes+ pre-patch and have over 4000 games played (wins+losts)?

MU3K4

01-18-2013

still matches lvl 19 ppl vs lvl 30 1800 elo ...

Bradbyr

01-18-2013

The people I play with now are horrible and should not play against me because I'm the greatest lol player in the world. VGTG

jumpluffers

01-18-2013

Just played a normal draft SR game (premade of 5). The wins on my team (the winning team, blue side) looked like this:

188 633 393 696 663

Theirs looked like:

1153 1232 790 393 1057

Queue time was about a few minutes.

ehlo

01-18-2013

Lyte,

Ever since this patch has been implemented my match history looks terrible, I am being matched with teams in Norm Blind pick that just won't want to work as a team, tell me not to play my chosen position a quarter of the way through the game and 3 v 1 team members threaten to report if i don't do what they say, this is ridiculous, I went from people who seem like they know the Meta, know plays, and know kind of what to do, to people who just dive on kills, I help, they run+ghost so I die, they ks kill on 10% health.

I could go on and on with the amount of mistakes suddenly over the last day.
I have never raged in a match, until now, I was constantly getting +friendly's and teamwork and helpful, and now I am baited into an arguement about nothing and lose the game because they don't want to play properly.

pls bring back how it was.
I actually enjoyed playing the game at that point.

Stiletto

01-18-2013

This is great. Number of wins is obviously tied in to amount of runes available.

Sydelle

01-18-2013

Well I had this thing called "Terms of Playing" that I started writing yesterday which included being matched with ppl with like number of wins. A lot of the rage that players experience in this game is by being matched with people with way lower number of wins, and you should see a decrease in general raging if people have the same level of experience with the game. I don't think it should be wins in ranked only. I think it should matchmake according to wins in ranked and also take into account the # wins in normal.

Goth Skunk

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
We will see about that. :P
Tricksy Kiddingtons...

Memlol

01-18-2013

While you guys are fixing matchmaking can you fix the whole lopsided team issues?

Got to love lolking'ing your teammates in champ select to see that as FP the next highest on your team is ~100 lower and then the 2 lowest are another ~100-150 lower than that, and then after you get completely demolished you look at the opposing team, 4 of them with a ~50elo variance to yourself and one thats still within 100...

Even if the lower elo teammates of yours have decent win%'s, the difference between 1600 and 1800 is still quite apparent

Rilakkuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Thanks for looking into making matchmaking more fair, BUT...

Aren't the average ratios for most summoners already pretty close to 50/50? If so, that means matchmaking is doing a fine job already.

Unfortunately, matchmaking can't take things like "number of beers consumed before online gaming session" or "GF dumped me, drown sorrows in LoL" into account, which is still a factor even after thousands of games played. I feel like after 100 games or so, the number of wins is about as relevant as the blood alcohol content of a player when they click the play now button.

I'm hoping that for players in the 1000+ wins area start off with a huge selection range, say +- 500 wins.