Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acolyte Lee Sin

01-18-2013

Hey lyte , I'm still playing against ppl 1700+elo and 800+wins normal.
i'm unranked with 1110 wins normal

why?

CrazedPorcupine

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactive View Post
That's what the Elo system does, it's not exactly win to loss ratio but it rates you based on your wins and losses, they're now combining that system with this new one to find player near your Elo who have also played the same number of games.

Imagina if W:L was used exclusively, the player who has won 15 games and lost 10 would be matched against played who have won 1.5K and lost 1k... That would be much much worse than the current system.
well, Considering that my games have just been, LOL NOOBS by every single person in the game and constant raging. Right now, Since it's just the total number of wins, its been absolute trash, I rarely experienced absolutely horrible games with horrible players where I didn't have a decent time and didn't rage at all.

What if they took win loss ratio and MULTIPLIED it by the number games you've played and used that number for matching? that way a person whose won 15 games and lost 10 will have an effective win amount of 20, while that 1.5k win and 1000 losses will effectively be 2250 wins. This balances out quite nicely and matches people of aproximate skill levels together while keeping the idea of matching people up based on number of matches.

Skytop

01-18-2013

From my first experiences I'm noticing less dodging by players and the matches have felt even

Zakamaru

01-18-2013

Your system still has problems with spikes.

I played a few premades with my friend and brother yesterday, got matched against someone with 2k wins. I have 300 ish with more losses. They're not even level 30 yet.

I'd much rather wait an extra minute if the games were actually fair.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

While the longer queues bugged me a bit, the matches are definitely better than they were.

Good job riot!

TheDemon1cBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

so... we usually wait 40-70 seconds to get in a game now we have to wait at least in min every time? i dont like this just my opinion but lets be honest ill get downvoted for speaking my mind.

Proxin84

01-18-2013

I am by no means pro/elite I enjoy playing the game at my general skill level, the last few games I have played(since the patch) I have been against some really wonky comps with Olaf/ Fiora/ Vi all as supports for opposing teams, also I am generally destroying people in creep score there seems to be too much variance between the players on a team.

I find it weird that all of a sudden it seems like I am playing in such a low elo(was thinking that my elo has become trash with the new season) I'm happy to see Riot trying new approaches to matchmaking but at the same time I do not want to be stuck playing with/against people that do not even seem to know the Meta(even though I realize that this is not set in stone)

If I had to guess I would say Im in the 1000-1200 elo range but with the way the team comps have been panning out I feel like Im playing with/against people in the 600-800 elo range just because we have a similar number of wins.

How does the new MM work with custom games effecting you summoners rift win/loss ratio because players can hyper inflate their wins by playing a bot game in customs, Will we see changes to this current system to help adjust for skill balance?

Killrazor

01-18-2013

played a few games, made no difference. still noobs and crappy players no matter how many games people play.

Kinvaras666

01-18-2013

Queuing up with friends who doesn't play as much as you now is a pain.
I always get matched with enemies who completely destroy us.

...it also takes very longer to start a game when you have a premade team.

The Dork

01-18-2013

well whatever is going on I like it, won 6 in a row ranked