Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arathorn Valus

Recruiter

02-02-2013

Just liked to say, I've been a summoner for 2 years now, and I've finally come to a conclusion. League of Legends can't solve their matchmaking hell. There is an elo hell and no matter how much practice or friends you have there is no way out. I've come to peace with this and spend my ranked games spreading the word and letting people know there is no way out of elo hell but to enjoy the game because that's all you really can do in the end. We're all brothers in elo (League) hell (Bronze tier - Gold tier)

Zakill

02-02-2013

Vote to kick system plz

prototype787

02-02-2013

RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT WHERES THE ****IN MATCHMAKING IMPROVEMENT R U KIDDING ME??????????????? SERIOUSLY I PLAYED WITH MEGANOOBS ULTRANOOBS FIRST TIMERS , WTF! I LOST A 3vs2(on TT enemy team had an afk) SERIOUSLY THIS IS INCREDIBLE FIX IT PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GOD DAMN IT MATCHMAKING IMPROVMENT ......WHERE IS ITTTT!!???????

Zakill

02-02-2013

can someone plz take a moment and explain the idea behind a Vote To Kick system? Has it been looked into? if so does Riot really belive it would be abused in the way some people have mentioned? (ex. mid gets countered, Vote to Kick him) i would love ANY and ALL info on the subject u could give me/us - (signed Your player bace)

Imperonism

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunaar View Post
this should be a joke, is it an equal match?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
this happens often >:C
That's sad I know xD I don't think if Riot will do something about that. They say 'No no it's okay it's just the new FABOLOUS system!' Once you play a game you can find level 20, people who have like less then 500 victories than me :O
I can't stand it... I'd like to have back the old matchmaking system...

RIOT PLEASE D:

Imperonism

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Why not? it is not ranked game, and if his skill is at that level that equals to his peers, then he should be matched.
Ehm... This happens both in ranked, normal and dominion games. I'll be honest, I don't think you're system is actually better than before. I never had that kind of problem since you fixed it :/ and... as you can see, I'm not the only one here. It seems like 90% of people have a problem with this. Maybe it's time to revalue if it's really working or not.

3FE

02-02-2013

this new system is hurtful in the way of support. If I lose games on support, I lose over 20 points. Over, 20 points. Because my KDR is lower? or, the team doesn't pull their weight and we go into a lopsided game.

FOR EX:
game 1: lost 0 pts Terrible lopsidedness
game 2: lost 0 pts Troll Teammate, no one can afford to dodge and lose the points
game 3: win, 15 pts~ barely won on a turn of a team fight that we could clear and push
game 4: win, 15 pts~ early game was a dumpsterfire, ended up locking it down
game 5: loss, -25 pts~ Teammaters were going solo in jungle, getting caught out of place, our ADC didnt know what Free Farming a dead lane was,
game 6: win, +10 pts again, unpromising start, to a end-game turn.
game 7: loss, back to 0 pts.

TBH, the MOST I've achieved was 15 points, I'm almost certian, I may be wrong give or take 2/3 pts? and I see people getting 20+ every game, one person played 4 games, 3 out of 4 they have won and had over 70+ points. But the fact I lost 1 game and dropped to an unbelievable 5 points from 30's ?

I've been at 0 points too often in this new ranking system, and I feel the lopsidedness is just awful. You need to limit duo partnerships to people within your rating, these kids being carried are sticking us in the middle of a Good player #1, and a bad player out of his skill level #5 picks.

Winning isn't even worth it anymore, you make 15 points or so, that's okay ... you win 2 games in a row , and you're screwed if you lose the 3rd you go back to 0 ? Why...

iiQuantuM

02-02-2013

I really think this is good and bad for LoL, as in popular game modes, such as blind pick Summoner's Rift, this will be great and encourage a more balanced play. However in other gamemodes, such as Dominion this really hurts because not as many people play it and the queues can take around 15-20 minutes, and for me its not even worth playing Dominion anymore.

nonamesareright

02-02-2013

league sux now, get bugsplat and banned wtf, just lost a member

dosquared

02-02-2013

Played 5v5 ranked as solo queue. Time for match: about 25 seconds (that's good!)

I know ELO is still weighted into finding a match, but here is the wins for each team:
My team:
2 (!) 102 34 78 73 = 289 total
Other team:
103 32 92 141 112 = 480 total

Needless to say, my team lost 42-18 with a gold differential of 12,729.

Also note I am the one with 2 wins and I am certainly not that good of a player either.
What gives?