Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinxed Amulet

01-31-2013

What I do not understand is if everyone is complaining about losing more games recently, and being matched with "trolls" or "less experienced" players, than who is winning a lot of games? lol

I'm shocked to see a bunch of my friends now experience a string of ranked or normal losses now in a row, (though it is a bit funny to see this matchmaking effected a lot of people) but I wonder what is going on to cause people to start losing more.

I've been winning most of my matches save for those few games with a player that truly gives no F, but that happens to everyone so... hmm

Would like updates on this matchmaking system with some more statistics, just a bit confused as to why there are more complaints being made and what is causing this to happen.

Sikozu

01-31-2013

@ Lyte

So, I think I finally understand this system in its entirety, but I have concerns about it as I'm running into huge skill disparities in my games both in and against my favor.

I have over 500 Normal wins and a 10 Ranked wins.

1. It is disappointing that I'm being paired with players that have a similar amount of Ranked wins, but only 50-200 Normal wins.
  2. Seeing games where the other teams average Ranked wins was about 100 and Normal was about 600, while my team's combined average (excluding myself) was about 100.
  3. I've also been bullied in a game or two because of having low Ranked games played, despite having a total Ranked/Normal of wins doubling the bully.
I'm trying to see the benefits to this change, but maybe it should be combining the Ranked and Normal games played together instead of just taking the Win Pool from the queue you're currently in?

Thoughts?

Dex7ter

01-31-2013

well troll never ending, can some1 tell how this works ???

I just dont get it, why me ???

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex7ter View Post
well troll never ending, can some1 tell how this works ???

I just dont get it, why me ???

(-13)

Holy SITH

s34s0n3dgr4p3s

01-31-2013

cant wait to see this in full, im exhausted and tired of being matched with people who dont play as much as me lol

Win one

01-31-2013

Replied from smurf account:

I did read numerous replies on this latest match-maker and I was willing to admit my rambunctious sentiments earlier; as of now I must address my agreement of the new que structure.

On my main account - which I will not divulge, I noticed bad streaks- gave me a headache of Normal- Random Blind gameplays last weekend: snowballs; unskilled; griefing. Those were the main issues I've witnessed on my losses. I don't mind afker's, it usually enforced extra gained experiences for the rest of my team whom are willing to commit - yes that surrender button sounds great, but wait! There is still late-game!

Why scratch chalkboards over loses when the inherent solution should be improvements in-game? Yes, I've noticed a vaste improvement in-game after the first week of match-maker. Supports actually ward in normal-blind better. ADC's were often lastly picked; Junglers aren't a taboo in normal-blind. Previous match-maker, matches were a brawl-fest to whom will reach the inner nexus first. I am actually witnessing play strategy and synergy in normal-blinds.

Let this community be honest! League of Lengends is growing! Normal SR is the only way to train for pro with a lvl20 account! It's that time where newbies will get steamrolled. They have to learn. But just because we all have a surrender escape over one man's claim to failure that I will submit to a lose on my record? No way! Winning is a challenge.

I think the first week, was indefinite accounts to match-maker restart - unskilled match-ups. But after my first four-streak lost, I've noticed a noramlized balance in my ques lately. Now I have teammates that will fight late-game for a win! They don't care if someone leaves, they don't worry odds in the beginning, they don't submit to enemies steamrolling our mid. My honest opinion of this change is those with wins greater than losses are willing to submit to winning. And that is the in-game challenge folks!

ps. Same as my smurf account: since it has a higher win ratio, it's going to pit me against those odds of those who are 1k wins ahead in normals. My experienced gameplay will be a challenge without those set of runes to that lvl 30 who has. Just sayin'!

Dex7ter

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCode View Post

(-13)

Holy SHlT

-13 isnt problem, i think that i got to much differences between 2 teams, they got 2 x 1600 and duo, my team was 3x 1400 and 2 players with 1550, this was to big whole to carry by 2 players....

prototype787

01-31-2013

Yess , i sent a feedback about the unevenness in matchmaking last week , awesome riot , nice improvement i'm enjoying this , it works!! :d

goolancer

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFamousD147 View Post
I am a support player, and generally that is what I play, but I can do every role. Ill play 200 games as support, and when I get higher position in Q and I want to play mid or top, I get trolled and derped by my team cause they "called" it first. Then I get punished by tribunal and lose all my “helpful” thumbs up cause I argued with the team or individual about it despite Tribunal code, and despite out of 20 games playing support and the 1 I wanted to mid. So I changed can’t beat’em join’em. Started calling my spot, then all of a sudden people decide pick order (they way I used to do it) is now > then calling and I get trolled/reported again. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t (Again despite 20 games I played what know one called or picked….you guessed it >SUPPORT<
So RIOT what’s my incentive to even if ever pick support?
People see me do crazy thing's and tell me WOW ORIANNA support CraZy good, and can’t believe what they see cause I’ve been derped so many times that I was forced to learn her support style. I play many champs and always the outcome of KDA ends up looking like a support cause I have been forced / trolled/ derped into it sooo much I can’t evolve my skills to a point out of that support style of play. In turn I am fighting harder in ranked to secure a win with a teams cause I end up having to help with supporting cause of weak supports, and for some its just cause they never play it (not that they can’t, but because they don’t want to) or they troll pick and decide they can support as Annie/Heimer or Brand…yes any character can support that doesn’t make it a good or better decision for you, your adc, or your team….especially when Riot designed characters specifically for that role.

Season 2 (check it if you don't believe me my most played characters were true supports ) Wukong top, Orianna mid, Maok jungle and there KDA end up more often then not with support stats. I HAD THE CRAPPIEST ELO that fluxed 0-800 on the regular but still have more wins then losses in Ranked. I just got threw playing a tournament Virginia Tech hosted with several guys that Ive never played with before and was there jungle, played support 1 game and they quickly switched me and kicked there support of the team for me I quote them “you just have that support mentality, we noticed even with your jungle “ So we switched it up and we started winning. There all 1300 and greater ELO and I played with guyz 1300-1500 when our team matched up vs others and I out played other supports and got my ADC fed vs other’s supports who sit on 1300+ elos and I am 800?
Now they told me ELO only means so much, but as a support they said it really sucks for you cause without a good permanent ADC by your side you'll never get to carry a team or get yourself out so enjoy being stuck. ADC or TOP carry have the get out of jail free card cause they can steal it from there supports.
When will support players get some love?! Gold runes? LOL awesome make squishy supports squishier while farm and DMG builds go to other 4 on team… O YAH that will work. *laughs* When will riot or teams support the support?? I am sooo tired of never getting to play anything else, and I am tired of have to Zippy around trying to help my team stay alive and get killz to pull a win so I can grab some elo and play against other supports who have a ADC friend that sticks around or lives near them or is on a good ranked team together. I had 1 once and he disappeared once he hit 1100 and left me still at 940. Which I quickly lost… supporting excuse me ungrateful, arrogant ADC’s who hardly deserve the title.

Don't get me wrong, I love to play support, I just hate that I can’t get a break when the few times I want to play a different position I can't, and am subjugated to reports as a troll. I want to further evolve even my support characters against other supports who have those ADC friends or friend.
Why doesn't Riot take into account how much someone plays a certain character?
Why doesn’t RIOT give move love/elo to support characters when used? I can go 1/3/40 as a TRUE support, but that will never carry a team for a win. I just lost with Alistar 4/6/43, cause I was up down left and rite helping my team and defusing an arguing Shaco/Malz so we could pull together and win, but by the time I did, it was to late to salvage the win cause of the push lead and lost, my ADC MF had 40Killz and loved me, I loved her we didn’t even need to speak we messed so well but we still lost despite our efforts…WHY?! Cause even as an OP character my build was support and just doesn’t do the dmg to carry a team especially in this situation cause there TOP Darius and ADC caught up by picking off our weak links TOP/MID/JUNGLE...but the game did last 1hour 20min of Exhausted efforts for a substantial elo loss...and its not the loss that bothers me, it the fact that Riot has shown no love to its Few true support players.
That game might be 1 out of every 10 for that MF/ADC but its more like 9/10 for me as a ALI/support. my friends list is full of ADC players who had ELO’s just like mine or even lower, and now there all higher or left me behind after I got them out of elo hell they meet more rounded teams and people and really don’t need to rely on the support anymore once out of the stream of ELO hell losses. They only send a friend invite when they start to fall and excellent/ reliable support to get them back up and while I boost there elo, and mine, the days I get no invites and jump into solo que and support I lose what was earned hence the flux 0-800 with more +30 more wins then losses, how can this be possible?! PLEASE LOOK ME UP ON LOL Look under season 2 and look at the percent usage of champs…CALL ME A LIER!
I have brought new meaning to unorthodox build lux season 2 (playing her passive 4 farm, boots of swiftness , ghost/clarity spamming her abilities building max cool downs on all her abilities, attk speed, good AP (maybe not carry lvl but enough to hurt) so I could dual role her support/ap and people used to laugh and call me a troll off it if the team failed before I could finish or capitalize the build, but 6 out of 10 times it worked in elo hell and that +1 was more then enough to someone who sees a lot of –negative elo and players. Now I see a **** load of people doing it and downloading it to see it on LOLreplay (don’t believe me look me up on LOLreplay and the downloads of the lux build).

Now what people used to laugh at me for there all doing I learned to Dual Role her Crazy just so maybe just maybe, I could support and AP carry, for those on the team lacking, and then RIOT breaks AP ranged champs and switches up the items. Now this build doesn’t do like it used to, and I knew I need another way out now….
After playing so much support I learned and now I am a decent ADC, I’d say of watching experienced ADC and applying what I saw them do, I'd say 1 out of 3 times I ADC better then most ADC that think they can handle that role, but people call and pick it so much I don’t argue and take my best role SUPPORT : ) Hope high, they are dashed, and when they fail they blame me, someone who plays support religiously. Then they say look at your score when were lossing and I am 1/11/6, WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE? I am a support....its gonna look bad cause I dont pick up kills, and I cant support someone who has fed others.
I can go on for hours about the problems (I wont) but then…..
RIOT....you punish me cause I need a break from my favorite role play something else when I get mad cause I wanted to play mid got trolled and argued with someone who always jumps in Q and says “MID or TOP”
COME ON ARE WE 5?! Is League the playground and I have to call the swings first?! And run to it to make sure I get it!?

LOOK AT THE RATIO!!!!! Don’t I get to play mid once in a while?! ALL I DO IS SUPPORT! AND I DO IT WELL my ADC’s on my friends list have all left me behind cause I can’t carry as a support, but I sure as hell carried them out. Then they only invite me to there high ranked games when there slipping.
Excuse me but F*ck That.

Then THE WORST, THE ABSOLUTE WORST, is someone that jumps in the ranked Q and says

"I CAN DO ANYTHING BUT SUPPORT" .................................................. ....................really?

OMG.... INSTABAN HIM, but no......you want to punish me....and then you wonder why there aren't enough support players out there in LOL when compared to the Ratio of other roles. Lets see how games go without and how LOL becomes without supports like me dedicated it to it and truly try and support that ADC the team, the supports that take a dive to get them out and keep up there killing spree. They get the love on the Stats, the elo and individual ego glory I hate at the end of games people who say PRO Draven, PRO MF, PRO Corki....just remember (not in all cases) but Id say in most you only got there cause you had a good support by your side warding, keeping an eye on you threw out the game even when you do make a stupid mistake. We clean up your Sh*t, and the days were off our game, you love to throw the Sh*t on us a truly good ADC can ADC solo, the support is just toppings for your ice cream.

League of Legends Support - NO LOVE / NO ELO / NO NOTHING.
Its "outrageous truly truly outrageous" Thanks Riot, for the bans, and Emails- warnings from tribunal, and the hope dashing ELO ratings for those of us who have HIGH statistics using support characters, and the few times we would like to play a different spot, you allow people who come into Q and say "I play anything but support" issue a punishment on me.....EPIC FAIL….
That's like a Teacher with a Teaching Certificate, evaluating a Teacher with their Master’s Degree in Teaching. Despite the experience, time, and efforts, you allow those with an understanding punish me??
I AM A VETEREN SEASON 1 EARLY SEASON 1. This guy doesn’t even own a skin but he’s got a badge?!
I AM FROM SEASON 1 with over 4000 games under my belt! HOW DARE YOU?! And have turned to my smurf account (the one I rage, BS on and rarely play support on) have a higher ELO?!?!?! You allow that SN to have a higher ELO then the one I truly play and support on….heh come on….wtf….
How would you like that?

Shame on Riot....anyways…I needed to say it and let them know.

Much Love to all my ADC who came back to secure there support go out safe to. Much Love to the ADC’s when they can give that 1 kill to their support to give up the gold to build up, Much Love to ALL THOSE who know anyone can buy wards and (mid/late game) help ward so there support can finish there build. Much Love to all my True Support players who take the dmg, and throw an ult or heal to their teammate as you die. You guyz deserve more and better then what Riot has offered.
This post might be the only Love for that position you'll get....GL supporting, I might give up the role strictly cause it seems like our community pool is few and far from many....2 ADC bot new meta! We know what happens with 2 mid already don’t we?
I maybe done as playing support and become one of those “ I can play thing but support “ in those ranked Q’s if no love to supports is given. Riot is lucky and should kiss the creators ass of who ever made LuLu, cause Im to proud of a support player to give her up. IF they even think about nerfing my LuLu.... I am done playing as a support and will leave it faster then they can say Zippy.
holy **** bro take your meds

LukasAdro

01-31-2013

This is really IMPORTANT to me.

You NEED to also include a player's LOAD TIME and PING in the matchmaking. Put the laggers and the slow loaders together and leave them out of my games.

PLEASE.