Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kardainz

01-31-2013

wow i think i read the first paragraph, then ignored the rest, I honestly dont know what you said after but, my advice is Don't write so much. As for leage of legends, always going to be new changes and match making changes etc, and they will never get it right. So in the end, it doesn't matter what we say, we will never been noticed by riot.

Otherwise, there are a lot better supports over Orianna. All mine just try to take cs and feed, then ad range sucks, since well enemy ad range has a IE, and I still have my dorans

InFamousD147

01-31-2013

If anything ignore the first and read the end.

Yah, I know but Id rather ***** here on the forums, then in the game, I actually feel better putting my rage and disappointments here on the forum then to others in the game regardless their level of play. The post is more for myself then riot, i know why wont do ****, but I needed to get it out.

Dex7ter

01-31-2013

i have funy game lb dont connected to the game, she reconect after 20 min game we cant win this

i have question to riot stuff why is the point to push the button that u are ready to play a game when players dont have to be in the game ?? Why the system dont chack if 5 players are connected the game like in dota2 ??

I dont know if people in Riot are dumb or cant realize they own mistakes ????

Person who got this fantastic idea should get reward for being realy dumb.......

i hope riot also can play 4vs5 after some1 push this fantastic button witch is usles and dotn fix the core isue !!!!

Ryios

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex7ter View Post
i have funy game lb dont connected to the game, she reconect after 20 min game we cant win this

i have question to riot stuff why is the point to push the button that u are ready when people dont connected to the game ??

I dont know if people in Riot are dumb or cant realize they own mistakes ????
i hope riot also can play 4vs5 after some1 push this fantastic button witch is usles and dotn fix the core isue !!!!

Because for some people, the client is unstable.

E.g. I have a friend I que with a lot. For about 3 months, everytime we joined a match, during the loading screen, his lol client would crash. Every time, like clock work. Over time we realized that it only happened when he talked on mumble during the load screen. So I asked what he had is push to talk bound to and he said his mouse. Then we realized that if he clicked his mouse during the load screen the game crashed.

Come to find out, he had an older ps2 mouse, and it had a short in it or something, switched the mouse, stopped disconnecting.

You see, the internet is a complex beast. It does not have 100% uptime and there are any number of 10,000 reasons why someone would DC after champion selection.

-Game Crashed on load screen
-Power went out
-Internet Froze and they need to reset their router
-House is on fire
-Kid threw up
-Baseball went through bedroom window
-meteor fell in front yard
-tornado touched down
-hurricane made land fall
I could go on for days

Sometimes people DC for good and legit reasons, and they don't deserved to be banned for it.

->"HAHA, you're banned"
<- "What why... that's so unfair, my daughter was in a car accident, I left to go to the hospital...."

Dex7ter

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
Because for some people, the client is unstable.

E.g. I have a friend I que with a lot. For about 3 months, everytime we joined a match, during the loading screen, his lol client would crash. Every time, like clock work. Over time we realized that it only happened when he talked on mumble during the load screen. So I asked what he had is push to talk bound to and he said his mouse. Then we realized that if he clicked his mouse during the load screen the game crashed.

Come to find out, he had an older ps2 mouse, and it had a short in it or something, switched the mouse, stopped disconnecting.

You see, the internet is a complex beast. It does not have 100% uptime and there are any number of 10,000 reasons why someone would DC after champion selection.

-Game Crashed on load screen
-Power went out
-Internet Froze and they need to reset their router
-House is on fire
-Kid threw up
-Baseball went through bedroom window
-meteor fell in front yard
-tornado touched down
-hurricane made land fall
I could go on for days

Sometimes people DC for good and legit reasons, and they don't deserved to be banned for it.

->"HAHA, you're banned"
<- "What why... that's so unfair, my daughter was in a car accident, I left to go to the hospital...."

Dude i still get u point and agree everyone could have problem, but tell why system dont check if 5 players are connected in the game on the map on the start of the game how hard is that ????

They can fix all problem but they can make it sure that the game start and all 5 players are connected. Its realy simple task but they cant make it right ....

Raging Inferno

01-31-2013

It doesn't work, ever since they changed it I've been put with complete failures and the other team seems to have great comp. This has been happening for the past 40 games or so, I own, my team can't do anything but feed then blame me for not being good enough. I wouldn't be so mad IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN EVERY ****ING GAME. The only time I get a break is when I play with friends, then it's usually pretty good.

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

there should be low matchmaking , trolls with lots of reports should play with the ones like them.

GekkoST

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGalford View Post
there should be low matchmaking , trolls with lots of reports should play with the ones like them.

Yes we'll call it "New Australia" and it will be a colony of trolls and feeders. Strangely it will also be known as the Brazilian server.

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekkoST View Post
Yes we'll call it "New Australia" and it will be a colony of trolls and feeders. Strangely it will also be known as the Brazilian server.
i'm Peruvian , but certainly many Brazilians players suck so hard. fortunately they have their server,and i don't see any Brazilian anymore.

KiStorm

01-31-2013

Please read:

If you put a level 22 in my game, they may have a similar rating, however due to the systems mechanics, they may have achieved that rating, even though the change was stated as being recent and is to fill gaps, through ELOs previous mechanics of pairing with better opponents around the same level as their individual rating increases;

However, if they were rated high as a level 22, this in no way indicates they haven't simply been playing with other good players around their same Summoner level and are actually quite inexperienced.

When a level 22 walks into jungle with 16 armor and comes and pushes my lane when i'm dead, starts boots and doesn't gank and is rated to be paired with me, something is wrong with the rating system.

It's not because they're not a good player and while lower levels are rather hard and take skill, they're not on the same level as others in my rating group.

Do I care? No, not really, just saying your system isn't that great and while they may be say 1200 normals rating from playing with a lot of other players around their level and I may be 1200 normals rating, because they will more often be paired with players of the same level, their rating is essentially tarnished by what I can generalise is probably a grouping of less experienced players; However:

I think this is good because seggragation into skill groups ruins the game, if you never play with more experienced players, while some show conflict and judge, I personally think it's better, more fun, gives more opportunity to ask questions, play with and in general, commune with players deeper in the league and think it's great that you folk at Riot have decided to allow this or at least weaken the ELO systems seggragation of what I guess were "Tiers" of 1200 rated players in several groupings relevant to their level and have now incorporated "Skill" more than "level" which opens up the education department far more than the "Grinding" and instead of hitting level 30 with still a weak concept of "The League" have a better opportunity for feedback, discussion and possible insight into meta-gaming, strategies and other factors learnt and shared rather than "mathed out".

So Thank you Lyte and Co. Good job.

-KiStorm.