Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dex7ter

01-30-2013

WTF is this !!!!!!

Riot cant fix they only make it worst omg what a games today troll make my day.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

@RiotKiddington
@Lyte

Hello? Anyone there?

Mr Chase

01-30-2013

Match making suck balls. cant get out of 1320, but i can certainly play vs 1400. And to top that i have to carry a bunch of 1250 vs those 1400... way to go riot. Not getting out of your ****ing elo hell

Fluffy Ahri

01-30-2013

Bring back the old matchmaking

this is unfair, i always have to play vs platinum, full premades and diamond........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

stop this......................... STOP

IM GOING SOLO QUEUE................................ VS FULL PREMADES, DIAMOND AND PLATINUM.................

Fluffy Ahri

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars Caelum View Post
Normal games are really...unpleasant right now. Every single game is a stomp one way or the other. I'll get paired with diamond players one game, and a handful of lv 27-29 players the next. It's really inconsistent. I haven't seen so much raging/flaming in a long time.

For example, we're seeing lower numbers of games with 20-30 Elo differences between teams which is an unintended effect.

This is a big problem. Rating > # of games played. It's not perfect, but it seemed to be much more consistent.
+1... normal queue is a nightmare now......

Justavo Hurtado

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

does this search based on honor too?

justing97

01-30-2013

so now im level 27 playing with bad 30's...

Nothingnesss

01-30-2013

the whole system needs to be gutted and reworked. riot seems terrified of trying something that has been done before, and instead try to make up their own admittedly atrocious matchmaking system.

im not going to get into how broken the elo system is, or how badly they control what champs they want people to play (still no use for karma), or that elo literally means NOTHING pertaining to a players skill, rather, the luck of their que draw. what i am going to say is that league is a solid game with MANY flaws, and the biggest is the fact they are just NOT ABLE to match people appropriately. im not saying people who are better than me, the major problem is getting people on your team who are absolute dead weight, or worse, work against the team itself.

i am 99% certain it is because they are just terrified of "discriminating" against unskilled players, because unskilled players are their bread and butter. riot, seriously, you need to address the issues here. in a 30 ranked match, i should not be getting someone who doesnt know what a pink ward does. that is nonsense, and im willing to bet it is FAR from the first time you would know about this players lack of ability, but you just let it be. you need to put the bad players with the bad players, and the good players with the good players. i cant take ranked play seriously unless i make a premade, and i dont think the time i would put into running my own team would be worth it currently.

we all know your a company trying to make money, but its not supposed to be so screaming obvious. take care of your core players, they are the ones who will stick with you after you rip them off 30 dollars with your constant weird ass misguided changes. not the weekend warriors or the 12 year olds who can barely take anything seriously, let alone an adult game. you need a little check mark box that says ages, and the children stupid enough to list their real ages will be put with children their own ages. NOT with me. THE PLAYER MUST BE RATED INDIVIDUALLY, AND FORGET THIS CONCEPT THAT ITS ESSENTIALLY A WIN OR LOSE GAME. IT IS MISGUIDED, AND ONLY DISCOURAGES PEOPLE WHO PERFORM WELL, BUT STILL LOSE RATING. A PLAYER GOING 10/0/10 WHO ENDS HIS MATCH 10/16/12 BECAUSE OF THE QUE HE IS WITH IS NOT A BAD PLAYER, YOU FAILED TO MATCH HIM WITH APPROPRIATE TEAMMATES.

and if ANYONE is actually reading this and paying attention, can someone explain to me the price reasoning behind the purchases in the store? there a reason thresh isnt the standard price? i want an answer to that, because i see it as a way to dissuade people from waiting and buying it with ip, and trying to force a monetary purchase. like i said, too screaming obvious. and the ones who just post quit then, or qq post are part of the problem. pretty sure if you cant recognize that validity of what im saying, you arent the kind of person who needs to be concerned with the inner workings of this game.

BamGfAsRpd

01-30-2013

I have 1450 normal wins. When I play, everyone in my team is 500 - 700 wins, while enemy is 900 wins. I think I am getting lower wins teamates to compensate my wins.

Not fair.

Gribblez

01-30-2013

@Lyte,

Been seeing wierd things when doing group queues. People getting into games that theres no way they should be in. we did a 4 man premade, and all of us are 700+ wins, most are around 1400-1500 elo (thoguh im the lowest at 1300 or so) and we get a person with 25 games played total in our grouping. While on the opposite team they all had 600+ wins and matching elo's to ours. Needless to say, he fed hard all game, either because he was unskilled or what I dont know, but theres no reason he should have been anywhere near our group or the opposing team skill wise.