Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RighteousFreed

01-28-2013

more junglers whp refuse to gank too strong

CapnChoGath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Won't this cause even more of a problem for 1000+ ranked wins jumping back into normals for some pubstomping with only like 200 normals. I heard that was already a problem.
Not that i'm against it, it's only an edge case.

Pushover

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proced View Post
I apologize if someone has already suggested this idea, but I was wondering if the idea of a role call pre-queue would be beneficial to role picking issues during queues? Like having the option of pre-picking Top/Mid/Jungle/ADC/Support. Understandably people can't be limited to JUST picking those lane champs, but I just feel like it'd help out with the role picking issues I see happening a lot during queues. Just a thought.
The Red response to this idea has always been no, because the meta is not set in stone in their game. It would help, but also make it so the meta never changes. As well, I imagine the queue times for top/mid/adc are significantly longer than jungle/support.

@Lyte:
Having played more, my queue times for normals are remaining at about 2 minutes when I hop in solo, or with a friend who also has many normal wins.
For me, since the change, I feel like my normal games have been significantly easier.
Finally broke +500 wins (am about 2050-1545 in normals now). I'm sure my stats in recent normals can be looked up, but I'm reasonably sure that I have a significantly higher winrate than before the matchmaking change, although it may be attributed to me picking up J4 again.

AfroGumball

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

\[''o|_o'']/

LHkite

01-29-2013

This new matchmaking is ****ing bull****.

Not once have I had a good match this preseason. Every game there is a massive skill difference on both teams, and within the team. For example, i was just matchmade with two silvers and two unranked. The entirety of the other team were gold. Every last one.

Revert it back to what it was, at least then i got put with people that were remotely close to where i am.

Bubz

01-29-2013

Hi Lyte,

I need to mention two things in this thread:

1.) Queue times for our pre-made and duo queues (I've done many 2, 3, and 4 man premades) have increased to 2.5 minutes for blind pick. The average time is listed as ~40 seconds for every time we have queued. This has been occurring every night since the change was made.

If someone in our queue time does not pass the AFK check, we then resume another 2.5 minute queue. If someone on the other team does not pass the AFK check, the queue time is 10-30 seconds for the next match to be found.

2.) This may not be related, but it seems servers have been adjusted. All pre-made players I am playing with have seen a reduction of about 30-50 ms latency. It seems to be random though, as we still have games where our latency is like before.

XistentialHero

01-29-2013

Maybe make the match making better like perhaps people dont lose elo when there is a afk or a leaver or give that team a slight buff to help even the odds. As well as maybe giving a debuff to a team that turtles for more then 10 mins cause there are just some matchups that are freaking hard to push to win when all they do is turtle and sit on towers. For instance a team with high aoe.

Hallows Evelynn

01-29-2013

im really not a arrogant person and i do understand that some players are not very skilled at the game. i have no problem with that. what i do have a problem with is being matched with these kinds of players ALLLL the time as of r ecently. it is extremly unfun because these players single handedly lose me the game and take out any joy or fun i try to have with it.

is it there fault? no its not there fault at all. i am 100% convinced that the problem is the new match making. how did i come to this conclusion? well the evidence is in my own games. i am NOT a good player, i realize this. however in almost ALL of m y games i am the ONLY positive person on my team where as everyone else is getting stomped on by players significantly higher than there own elo.

here is a game that i just had

Attachment 602166

this has what ALL of my games have looked liked since the update. again, im not arrogant and i know im a bad player, but i do know my own skill limits. i joined this game back in october and reached lvl 30 b y november. from november up untill the first half of january i remained at a solid 900-1000 elo. my highest being 1075. this is fine. i accepted that this whas my elo and i had damn good games in it. very close games.

but ever since the match making update i suddenly went on the absolute worse losing streak ive ever seen in my entire life. even during my MANY years of playing starcraft BW and starcraft 2 i have never been on such an atrocious losing streak.

i fell from 1000 elo down to 682 elo in just a few days. all of which is a result of teams being mismatched. look at the screen shot for proof. all of my games have been like this.

the elise had absolutely no clue on what she was doing. like litterally no clue. ashe just plane got out played bot and xin was a jungling terror in all lanes. the fizz was my mid laner. i outplayed him to death which resulted in his 2 kills and me having nearly double his cs in just the first 5 mins of the game. the next 5 mins is when elise, ashe, and kayle fed him to all hell.

sure its fine to get bad games l ike this every once in a while. before update it was rare i got games like this but oh well. i moved on when it did happen. BUT 20+ GAMES IN A ROW? yes thats right. over 20+ games in the past few days alone have looked like this for me. and i honestly dont get it.

and likewise the vice versa is true. when ever i have a victory for once it always results in a complete 20 min stomp fest. i honestly dont get it. the matchamking changes NEED to be reverted. i am not the only one having these problems

Hallows Evelynn

01-29-2013

[u]please fix your match making! This is getting ****ing annoying like seriously! Now insteaad of bad players im just getting pure ****ing trolls! I CANT PLAY THE GAME WITH THESE KINDS OF IDIOTS! FIX IT NOW! NO AMOUNT OF GAME DODGING WILL SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL! /u]

Ryios

01-29-2013

Trolls in every game for me too. Was not nearly this bad prior to the matchmaking change. All this change is doing is breeding more trolls. At some point people loose hope playing matches to such a degree that they just troll themselves.