Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizmo Era

01-28-2013

I'm over this match making I either get matched with teams that completely stomp(myself included) or I land in games where I'm easily the worst player and I can't do a single thing. I've lost 8 out of my last 9 games because I'm not being matched properly.

It's this cycle of winning 10-ish then losing 10-ish. It's like I'm bouncing between some invisible rank threshold and it f***ing sucks. I've played minimum of 50 games since this new matchmaking has come out and I've only played 2 matches I felt were evenly matched. This used to happen more frequently. This threshold is usually when I'm up 40 wins to my losses; once I reach that number I start losing until i hit 25~30 wins over losses. Then I start winning until I'm back up to 40 over.

I'm either getting reported as a troll/feeder or I'm being honored for teamwork, obviously based on which streak I'm on

Easily the worst feeling in this game is when you're trying your hardest and your entire team is yelling at you, calling you a baddie and telling the enemy team to report you. You then either ignore them and they threaten to report that or you spend time defending yourself to which you usually play worse because you're typing and playing constantly. I like this game, but I hate this feeling so much more, I'm teeter-tottering on quitting...

PS I don't even play ranked

PPS: I don't care if the numbers statistically say matches are matched better. I'm not being matched properly, I imagine there must be others.

PPPS: I'm going to copy and paste this every page until it's answered or this thread is destroyed. I'm really aggravated.

Hellkus

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo Era View Post
I'm over this match making I either get matched with teams that completely stomp(myself included) or I land in games where I'm easily the worst player and I can't do a single thing. I've lost 8 out of my last 9 games because I'm not being matched properly.

It's this cycle of winning 10-ish then losing 10-ish. It's like I'm bouncing between some invisible rank threshold and it f***ing sucks. I've played minimum of 50 games since this new matchmaking has come out and I've only played 2 matches I felt were evenly matched. This used to happen more frequently. This threshold is usually when I'm up 40 wins to my losses; once I reach that number I start losing until i hit 25~30 wins over losses. Then I start winning until I'm back up to 40 over.

I'm either getting reported as a troll/feeder or I'm being honored for teamwork, obviously based on which streak I'm on

Easily the worst feeling in this game is when you're trying your hardest and your entire team is yelling at you, calling you a baddie and telling the enemy team to report you. You then either ignore them and they threaten to report that or you spend time defending yourself to which you usually play worse because you're typing and playing constantly. I like this game, but I hate this feeling so much more, I'm teeter-tottering on quitting...

PPS: I don't care if the numbers statistically say matches are matched better. I'm not being matched properly, I imagine there must be others.

PPPS: I'm going to copy and paste this every page until it's answered or this thread is destroyed. I'm really aggravated.

totally agree dude. i lost all my latest games allways whit bad partners and the enemy team is allways better than my team. so clearly there is not a coincidence. i hope they fix this. this isnīt funny anymore

ExtremeKillez

01-28-2013

@Lyte
@RiotKiddington

Can you please check my match history please? Last season I was around 800+ elo, but early S3 i worked hard and managed to get to 1300+ elo. NOW after the new ranked que changes, I kept on getting negative attitude player, AFK, feeder (purposely going 1v5 ) and so on more OFTEN than before this.

I know that I did bad some game , that's normal, some people have bad games as well, but WHy is it so OFTEN? MY hard work to raise my elo, now became POINTLESS!! I lose my game, and NOT EVEN CLOSE GAME/ QUALITY GAME, and now my elo dropped drastically. Was it my fault ? Or somethng wrong with the system? I dont mind losing as long as I had quality game, but this?? Not even balanced from my point of view.

edit: for the last 10 games, 3 win and 7 loses. 1 game i did really bad, but the other 6 games either with AFK/DC, Intentionally feeding (keep on running towards enemy and LAUGH afterwards), etc. I did really good early game and won my lane with score like 3/0/0 or 2/1/0, but the rest of my team was like 0/6/0, 0/8/0, to the point that I cant even do any threat to them, and at the end they just dive the turret like nothing there. What happened to ranked game these day?

edit 2: keep getting worst. From 800+ (s2) to 1300+ (early season 3) to now 1100 thanks to the new ranked system. i lost around 200 elo since the changes had been made. And i do agree with some post that it either you get hella good team, or either hella bad team. The final score different will be much FAR apart in every game. How is that balance?

Verviticus

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I looked your records for games you have played since we turned on the system.
You have a net gain in ranked solo Elo, you also have a net gain in normal Elo.
The leavers you encountered were punished by LeaverBuster, and all other stats looks good.
The system(s) looks like are working you.
Are you able to respond to me with a similar examination? I've put in a ticket, but the support staff wasn't able to help.

Other than a couple games in the very immediate past (~12 hours ago), most of the game I've been in have been obnoxiously imbalanced for me and my friends - to the point where we're frequently gimmicking or playing badly because otherwise there would be no challenge. Heck, last night two of us with upwards of 2200 wins got placed against a team with a level 22 and a level 23. This game, shockingly, wasn't challenging.

Pair that with a queue time that's above 6 minutes 80% of the time and occasionally up to 20 minutes and I'm starting to get frustrated.

Hallows Evelynn

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo Era View Post

100% agree

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33997639

similiar problem to mines.

EmperorJanos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

@RiotKiddington

I would like to know how the overall statistics are working for this system. You say that there is an overall increase in elo across the board, but elo increases can only come from two places:

1. New ranked players
2. Players who lose

Considering option 1, I really wonder how many of them are really smurfs. In all honesty I have had an over all worse experience with my most recent encounters in ranked games. I fear there are more and more smurfs or more and more people that don't have the basic skills to play the game.

I really don't enjoy playing a game that I don't even have a chance to win with because I have to be able to solo the opposing team to win. Just look at my last 10 games alone. I have been paired with so many unskilled players or the other possibility that I've been paired against so many smurfs, that all the work I put into getting elo has completely gone to waste.I worked really hard to get my elo and to have it stripped away from me because of this is really pissing me off.

I really wish you would do something about smurfs and unskilled players. I shouldn't be paired with an entire team that over commits every time and then ends up throwing the game.....I know better and I'm being paired with people who don't...wtf

I would really appreciate a reply from RiotKiddington regarding my last 2 or 3 weeks of games that I've had and tell me what really is going on with the system.

RighteousFreed

01-28-2013

@Lyte this new system is terrible literally unable to carry someg ames that are easily winnable i cant understand how im matched with some people like this who have no desire to work together liek the singed i was forced to play with last match he literally refused to listen and never helped in teamfights except die instantly

EDIT: the sheer amount of afk and leavers and trolls today is ridiculous its been so hard not raging agt the when they are ruining my game i should lose elo when someone torlls me hardcore or leaves the game at level 7

Hellkus

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RighteousFreed View Post
@Lyte this new system is terrible literally unable to carry someg ames that are easily winnable i cant understand how im matched with some people like this who have no desire to work together liek the singed i was forced to play with last match he literally refused to listen and never helped in teamfights except die instantly

EDIT: the sheer amount of afk and leavers and trolls today is ridiculous its been so hard not raging agt the when they are ruining my game i should lose elo when someone torlls me hardcore or leaves the game at level 7
yeah alot of bad players who didnt follow you as carry , they prefer to be farming in top or doing someone else, junglers who farm all the while and never a gank. wtf riot why did you do this? look my recently match history are only defeats and i got like 30 kills 1 dead 10 assist and i lost the matchs anyways

Fatal Exception

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I also quit this matchmaking... I have started playing ranked again this weekend after a week off of it and I went form 1596 elo to 1433 in 1 weekend. It's not even the fact that I do bad or anything I have had games in which I was 18-11-12 kat or 21-10-11 cass and its all still a lose because early game bot feeds like 10 kills to the other adc or something random like that. Then in every game im forced to try to pull the team together...

This has really made me hate the game. I play this game for ranked and fully support it, but whoever changed the algorithm or did the update really messed up. The changes are so drastic that in 20 games i win like 2.

RighteousFreed

01-28-2013

lost another game leona tower doved a full health ezreal and gave him a adouble for no reaosn when he had nothing to his name unbeilievable now im below 1700 and i literally did everything to win but temates throw the game and rage