Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guges

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
This is not the case. The feature will turn it self off after searching for 90 seconds without finding enough players within the given range.

However, in the next version of MM change, we will make additional adjustment to make matchmaking speed a little faster.
I think you guys need to address this ASAP

Over the last week or so since the changes I've just seen the game go downhill so fast...

....so much that I am not even doing games with other people and have just switched to AI games due to the bad play, trolling, general imbalances in the matchmaking games, etc.

I don't find games fun where one side just destroys the other because you get paired with 1-2 players that aren't close to your skill level and they get dominated and it snowballs the game...even though you've done your job or held your lane in a draw.

There is something 'fundamentally' wrong with the system...it's obvious.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guges View Post
There is something 'fundamentally' wrong with the system...it's obvious.
"Hi there, I've taken a look at your account and everything appears to be normal, you are bad and you are being paired with bad players.

Sincerely, -L.
"

felipe781

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

plz rollback the changes, this is downright depressing... got paired in ranked with a guy with 6 wins......
the rest of my team had around 80 i had 100. enemy team all had above 100, even one with 250....
this is wrong, and its not working

Ancient Hobo

01-28-2013

Sounds awesome ^^

Onisake

01-28-2013

I have a question on the ranked queue portion. I've had a pretty good experience with the normal queue. but it tends to work best when i'm with people near my own skill level. I have two roommates who have nowhere near the experience/skill I do. It's fun to play with them, but we almost always lose our matches because they are constantly outclassed due to my higher ELO/experience. not a big deal, just something we have to deal with. anyway...

Because the ranked queue games resets every season, does the MMing algorithm currently take into account Total number of games? or just games this season? Sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't see it.

I've mainly been playing ranked between 8-5pm PST. and i've been seeing a lot of all border teams vs no border teams. typically the team with borders is winning. if it's more spread out (IE, some borders on both teams) the match is a lot more even. I've also noticed that 'no border' teams tend to 'throw games' more often.

Hellkus

01-28-2013

i dont like this new system i been defeated alot of times and this starts to be boring for me.
please riot make rollback to the matchmaking please =).

Timmos

01-28-2013

I'm over these changes, i have been on some occasions waiting up to 3 minutes for a queue, i can only imagine what it's like for higher rating players.
I play normals to get in game quickly and have fun regardless of mine or the opponents skill level.

Dex7ter

01-28-2013

can some1 tells me why i have in my team 2 people with less then 50 wins when enemy team have 3x 1600 ???

Kampfybewts

01-28-2013

RiotKiddington,

I posted a few pages ago without a reply, but I didn't include any specifics. I went through the LOL Recorder and roughly tallied the number of wins losses before and after the match making change.

Between January 1st - January 15th I played 118 games
I won 67, lost 51 for a 43% loss rate

Between January 17th - January 27th I played 114 games
I won 49, lost 65 for a 57% loss rate

I "felt" like I was losing significantly more, it wasn't as bad as I thought but still pretty significant. My average queue times was always less than 2 minutes, but now my average is between 3 to 5 minutes.

I'm not really concerned with the queue time, but the QUALITY of the matches have been very poor. It doesn't seem like the matchmaker is even trying to find quality matches after you been in queue for 3+ minutes.

You can look into my match history for confirmation. I have stopped playing my main character; I'm waiting for the M.M. to be improved.

Thank you for your reply,

-Kampfybewts

Dex7ter

01-28-2013

well another game with 3x afk players, the game dont even start and i got 1 after that i got rest so nice to climb with my elo with leavers ..... -11