Top 5 ADCs by winrate, bottom 5 by popularity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Bad Varus

01-18-2013

Kog'Maw is one of the least popular? o__o
I find that kind of surprising,

Noric

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroxable View Post
Kog'Maw is one of the least popular? o__o
I find that kind of surprising,
Protect the kog needs organization. It is pretty painful to play him and just fall victim to nonpeeled dive.

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I've carried in everyrole, not just as ADC and many people do carry games and aren't the ADC so the numbers not factoring them in just makes this useless.

LotusBlue

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslime View Post
That's definitely part of it. I would argue that there's also a bit of the fact that if the REST of your team is ahead enough and brick-wally enough that you can survive as an Ezreal, then you were already going to win that game and your choice of carry wasn't really a deciding factor.
This argument can be applied to anyone.

Noric

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslime View Post
That's definitely part of it. I would argue that there's also a bit of the fact that if the REST of your team is ahead enough and brick-wally enough that you can survive as a Sivir, Varus, etc, then you were already going to win that game and your choice of carry wasn't really a deciding factor.

Basically it's the same thing as item winrate. You weren't winning because you had X item, you had X item because you were winning.
I think this is little bit silly. Look at the top 5 winrate ADCs.

1. MF - lane bully with an amazing teamfight ult

2. Draven - lane bully that falls off pretty hard if he doesn't snowball.

3. Sivir - Safe pick (shield) with a lot of early long range damage(can be a lane bully) and good teamfight utility.

4. Ezreal - safe pick(extreme range/mobility) that plays both passively and aggressively quite effectively and has good midgame/lategame.

5. Varus - lane bully that has a great teamfight ult(Actually one of the only champs that can outbully a draven early)

All of these champions have a lot of strength potential for early game. You don't see Ashe(teamfights a lot like varus but much weaker lane), Tristana(amazing lategame but all-in early game and no midgame), vayne( amazing lategame but usually weak laner), kog maw (amazing late game but pretty unsafe in and out of lane). The only major early game bully not on there is caitlyn - and she bullies through range and not being a huge damage dealer.

The Original

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noric View Post
I

2. Draven - lane bully that falls off pretty hard if he doesn't snowball.
Disagree here. His damage is consistently high because of q. If you can keep q up for 3 attacks or more he can still win fights against ad's that are ahead of him. Draven's raw attack damage is better than any other ad with even items if the player knows Draven, so you don't necessarily fall off if you don't snowball

Noric

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroobyDoo View Post
Disagree here. His damage is consistently high because of q. If you can keep q up for 3 attacks or more he can still win fights against ad's that are ahead of him. Draven's raw attack damage is better than any other ad with even items if the player knows Draven, so you don't necessarily fall off if you don't snowball
Excuse me: I thought you were talking about the other part of it (bad reading on my part).

Draven doesn't fall off because of lack of damage - he falls off because his Q mechanic is hard to manage in teamfights and he is counterable by good teamfight comps. w is really short - unless you catch q so draven is a limited mobility(he's no ezreal or even vayne) short range adc. His knockback+slow is ok but it won't keep him safe during an entire teamfight. He doesn't have the stealth of vayne, he doesn't have the spell shield of sivir. So if the enemy team decides to play the "cc the adc till death" strat - then you won't carry very well. I honestly would rather have a caitlyn than a draven on my team if neither got ahead during lane. Cait has longer range - so she can stand further back during teamfights and she's better for sieging down towers. She also has a better escape than him (dash that slows enemy + traps) and her traps are potentially useful for setting up for teamfights/sieging. If your team is amazing and can somehow peel really well for a 550 range adc - draven will be better for teamfights. But i find that rarely are teams that good at teamfighting.